Chapter 31

In the following morning after the big party, Ji Woon was woken up by loud knocking on his door. He slid off of the bed and opened the entrance. It was his father. Officer Choi just looked around and walked in. He shut the door behind him.

'Did you do something regarding the marriage?' Old man asked straightforwardly.

Ji Woon put a hand in his hair, scratching his head. 'Good morning Sir.'

'Don't be so cocky in front of me. Did you do something?'

'It's almost done. I think everything will resolve when the general will be back.'

'Why not today? I'm about to send an answer for napchae. Even though general will risk everything to get them married, he still wants to do it properly.'

This was the last chance, after that General Shim is about to leave. But the problem laid in the witnesses side. After he and the Shim household servants brought the young master to his home, one of the paid man came to him and said that he is withdrawing from the scheme. He said, that he heard the rumours. It's too scary to mess with the general. It irritated Ji Woon, since he can't let this to happen, where he won't have any proof. His luck ended, he thought. In this situation he has to negotiate. Money can buy a lot of bravery.

'It has to wait, sir.' He simply answered.

'Right after his homecoming is the last opportunity. Later he wants to start preparation for this marriage. We have to call it off before. I trust you.' He said and went out.

'Trust me kiss my ass.' Ji Woon said under his nose and laid down back. He covered his eyes with his arm. What a shitty situation he got himself into.

***

The following days were calm. Ji Woon kept a low profile, since he didn't want to face Woong Tae, neither bump into hurt Kyong Seon. From the men he was still in touch with, he heard that she locked herself in her house, not going out. That's good. At least she's not wandering around and he can easily approach her.

So he was spending most of his days lying beside the river, wondering why he still didn't meet his friend. Ji Woon was avoiding him, but his friend should look for him. That was weird, but young men let it be.

Woong Tae, in fact, was also shunning Ji Woon, closing himself in his house. Earlier he didn't know who is going to be his fiancée, but now truth was out: it was Choi Hwa Ryeong, sister of Ji Woon, who was so possessive of her, that he would prefer to give up on his own life for her peace. Young master knew, that he has hurt his best friend, just by simple existence in this world.

Ji Woon was the most important person for Woong Tae, he didn't have anyone else. For Ji Woon in first place was his sister. Young master understood that to keep that order, he has to do something. He will reach out his hand first, but maybe after his friend will calm a little bit. He was quiet for some days, so Woong Tae assumed that he's mad at him. No worries. He can wait. It's better to wait it out, rather than let his friend fell abomination towards him.

The weeks passed, as both of the man were feeling genuine guilt between them. Finally the news, that general is on his way back, came and everyone started to prepare for his arrival, including Ji Woon. He called all of his men and wanted to deal with this matter right after General Shim will be back.

He seen it this way: the people, which he hired, will come to his household and he, as a good servant, will just bring them to the general's court, where his father should wait. He engaged in this plan fifteen men. Three of them resigned right in the beginning, but he still hoped that the rest will not freak out and show up.