Chapter 20

Detective Lim was wandering along the street, below the building where homicide happened. After Young Saeng and his colleague came back from the hospital with tragic news, the prime suspect was kept in the prison for the night, but later he was set free. Evidence the detectives had was not enough.

They had the surveillance video from the roof and from the part of the street, so the investigation had to go into that direction – to find the killer. But nothing was working, on the video from the street nothing was visible, only some passer-by's faces, when they were near enough. Police has tracked those people, but all of them said the same following statement: they didn't see any body falling down.

What was weird, few of them said that at the given time they saw the best advertisement of their life – a hologram has appeared in front of them, hit the pavement, but bounced off it. The man, which suddenly popped out, landed on his knees and stood up, saying that the game will soon be available on the store.

'What game? What ad? It doesn't make any sense!' Detective didn't want to believe it – it would mean, that the body of grown up man used the hard, concrete ground as trampoline. There had to be another explaining, but nothing came to his mind.

As he stood right under point, from which the second suspect in this case jumped off, he noticed that not far on right was small shop, with various of commodity. In front of it an old lady sat on chair. She looked at him with fright, at the same time scaring the inspector.

He decided to approach the lady, taking out his badge and showing it to her. 'Excuse me, ma'am. I'm from police. I'm investigating the homicide case. Have you maybe been here on last Sunday?'

Old lady still looked him, with more fear in her eyes. She didn't utter any word, so detective continued. 'Did you maybe see a man, err... falling down somewhere near?'

Unexpectedly she shouted. 'It was devil himself!' Grabbing the chair, she run into the store, shutting the door behind her.

Detective wanted to go after her, but he heard the lock being closed. He took a deep breath. The street was empty now. He felt chills run down his spine, as he looked up, looking up, maybe for an answer. 'It can't be that hard, think.'

***

The answer indeed was not far, but rather not visible to normal mortal eyes.

As for the Sunday, when someone would focus their eyes, looking from the street, at one certain point on the roof, all could they see would probably be the legs hanging from the roof, tossing in the air.

When the assailant threw the phone up and it landed on the roof, he continued to talk with Young Saeng. The stranger scoffed, when the second man loosened his grip and let him fell. He was laughing falling, putting himself flat on the back in the air, aiming for his bottom to hit the ground first.

But as he touched the pavement, it stopped being concrete – it behaved as jelly, absorbing the energy from fall and jumping him into the air. Then he straighten himself and fell onto his legs, crouching. But as he landed the second time, the floor was again in hard, not penetrable phase. It was what it should be – a concrete.

He stood up and smoothened his clothes. He looked around and saw people looking at him. He smiled and raised his hands up. 'Thank you for participating in this project! Soon the game will be available in the store!'

People started to whisper among themselves, as they proceeded to walk. The weird man was all happy with the excuse he came up with, as he started walking away. He turned around and faced an old lady, which looked at him with horror.

'Wh-what was that?' An old lady probably didn't know about modern games, but maybe also her blurry eyes could see something more than normal human would be in ability.

The stranger smiled nicely. 'Umm, I tripped and fell.'

The lady was not buying it. In her eyes he had a very dangerous, impenetrable aura. 'Who are you?'

He bended to her height, to face her, and whispered. 'Devil himself.'

Poor lady was spooked so much, that she started to scream and ran away. The man also turned and left the crime scene, laughing. It was so nice to have a little bit of power to scare poor mortals. 

[Box for feedback, for better neatness. Please, leave your comments here.]

Author's note: Hello. If you are here, it means you came so far.

As for now I don't have much views, barely 9, and all in the first chapters. But I don't want to be discouraged. I will continue to write, because I want to move on from this story and I want to focus on something else. This chapter finalizes the first part of the book (I tend to think the most boring one). So here's the note.

Therefore if you are reading this - thank you! It means a lot to me. 

Have a nice day. XOXO.

Edit: I recently changed few chapters and "messed" with the timeline - maybe this way it will be more interesting? Either way - luv ya still <3