Chapter 36

Ji Woon went to his home to pack essential things. He didn't have much, he always was gifted by Woong Tae and usually those were items, which young master no longer needed: clothes, books, toys, when they were younger. Ji Woon was grateful for those stuff, but in heart he was resentful, that his friend only pitied him. He changed into more comfortable clothes, than those he had right now and packed few for change. He also took his sword, the most valuable thing for him, given to him by his sister. He would never leave it behind.

As the night was passing, he was sitting on his bed and was waiting. He couldn't sleep, constantly feeling his heart speeding up from all he's been through. He fooled his best friend and failed to protect his sister. Adding to that him soon being a father. His conscience was heavy from all the trouble he was in.

When the time was right, he walked out and for the last time he stopped by Hwa Ryeong room. He wanted her to comfort him, but how could he tell her what happened? She would be mad at him, yell and hate him. He couldn't do that. He just prayed for her safety and went to Shim household.

Servant was waiting by the gate. He didn't say anything, just showed with his hand to wait there and he went away. Soon after that, Woong Tae walked out from behind of his court, where outhouse and cells where situated. It was nature of general Shim, to not trust anyone and with every occasion punish people.

Young master Shim was holding in bridal style Kyong Seon, which visibly was asleep. It shocked Ji Woon, that suddenly his friend was so considerate of people.

'She has a fever.' Woong Tae whispered, when he finally approached the horse. They hid beside the wall, to avoid potential witnesses. 'I couldn't wake her up. She has been crying all night and now she's exhausted.' His voice was genuinely worried.

Ji Woon helped to put her on the horse and they secured her, when she regained consciousness and wanted to get off the mount. She also tried to scream, but her voice was all hoarse and it wasn't loud thank to that. Young master Yoo covered her mouth with his hand and held her tightly.

'Stop! We're rescuing you!' Ji Woon felt his hand was getting wet as she again started crying. He was not surprised. In front of her were the people she was scared of: the one, which broke her heart and the one, who wanted to rape her. 'If you want you and your child to live, you have to cooperate. Alright?' He whispered, knowing that only one thing is scarier: the general and his atrocity.

She slowly nodded and he took his hand off of her lips. She grunted. 'What about my father?' She quietly spoke. 'He's going to be so scared...'

Woong Tae bit his lip. 'I will talk with him, ok? I will explain... Does he know about the pregnancy?'

Kyong Seon shook her head. 'Only my friend knows...'

Young master looked into the ground. 'I will think of something... Your name is Kyong...?'

'Lee Kyong Seon...'

'I will find him. Don't worry. But now you need to hide.' He looked at Ji Woon. 'Go into the mountain, it's less than two hours away, on horse it's probably faster. There are some people living, as there once was a village. I know them, just tell that you're coming from my order. They should help you and her.'

Ji Woon was out of words, so he just nodded and grabbed Kyong Seon's hand, so she could hold him on his waist. Instead she just hissed and he remembered, that she hurt her wrist when falling. He closed his eyes, he has to be more careful.

'I'm... sorry... Just grab onto anything, so you won't fall.' He said to her. His apologize probably covered something more, yet he couldn't or didn't want to acknowledge it.