Chapter 9

Year 1614, autumn

'I tell you, this Hong Gil Dong story is getting on my nerves! Hong Gil Dong this, Hong Gil Dong that!' Woong Tae's voice echoed on the street. He was wearing tailored hanbok, the material used on it was clearly expensive. It was neat and monochromatic, circling around the blue tint. His hair was let down, showing its length to the shoulders. Some of the strands around the face were tied in the back of his head. He held his empty hands together behind him.

'You're exaggerating.' Ji Woon was behind him, wielding two bows and a quiver full of arrows. He's clothes were not so nice, as those of his friend, but they fit him well and were kempt. He wore grey and he tied his hair in tight bun, so none of the hair could get out.

'I've just seen another notice telling about the play! The troupe is here for more than a month and all they do is repeating this dull story!'

'I don't understand your anger. It's just a story. Beside you're the son of the landlord here, just order them to leave.'

Woong Tae halted beside a table, that had apples displayed on it. They were in the middle of the market place, with many people wandering around. He grabbed two apples and started to walk away, so he heard a voice calling him from behind. It was a vendor of this stand calling him to pay for the fruits, but Woong Tae just turned around to face him and smiled. Vendor immediately went quiet recognizing who took the apples. He had no courage to argue with such a powerful person, so he just sat down beside the table and leer on the landlord's son, which walked away as if nothing had happened, biting the fresh fruit. The second was thrown to Ji Woon, which caught it, but with that move he accidently hit two people with the bows on his back. The younger one apologized to those unfortunate victims and rushed after Woong Tae.

'Order them... Father will not approve. And just a story, you say...' the man in blue robes continued. 'As I don't care about the whole story by itself, what worries me, is the young ladies obsessed with it.' He bit the apple.

'Why? Because they wouldn't be interested in you anymore?'

They finally got out of the main, busy street. 'Indeed! They have us to be interested into! Why look for some weird character? Aren't we good enough?'

Ji Woon smirked. 'Are there any ladies left? Any that you didn't lie your hands on?'

'Of course! There is always someone, who just wants to give themselves to me.'

'If you'll keep that pace, soon you'll really have to move to the capital, since your manhood will be lonely.'

'Laugh as much as you want, as if you don't like to come to my parties.'

'Sorry, sorry.' He put his hands together and placed them above his head. 'Where are we going so early?'

'That girl from yesterday didn't believe I can hunt. So we'll bring her something.'

'So she'll open her, umm, skirt for you?'

'Either way she'll. But hunting is also fun. Come on, I ordered to prepare horses. They're at the main gate.'

***

When they came back, it was already getting dark. They were heading directly towards the Shim court, riding on their horses. The one belonging to Ji Woon had few rabbits tied to its harness. Woong Tae was leading.

As they got near to main gate suddenly a man jumped in front of them, frightening the animals with torch he was holding. Two men had to calm their mounts as they took few steps back. The man was waving the light as he was fighting with it.