Chapter 8

The next morning Young Saeng woke up early, as Aeri clatters pots in the kitchen. He sat on the couch, rubbing his eyes. The nurse noticed some movement behind her, so she turned around.

'Oh, sorry, I didn't want to wake you up.' She sent an apologetic smile.

'No problem.' He yawned and murmured, siting crooked with his eyes closed.

'I'm already late, thankfully phone call from Yu Jin woke me up...' Aeri, when fully awake, was talkative, while the one with which she talked – rather didn't wake up completely.

'Yhym...'

She made some toasts for the breakfast, so now she was checking something on her phone, while putting a toast in her mouth and biting it. 'I prefer night shifts, it's much calmer that day one's, thankfully from next week I will have them.' She said, sending the crumbs around her.

'Right...' He didn't want to be rude and not answer, but in slow matter he was falling forward.

Aeri sipped her coffee, shoved the rest of the toast and started to clean. 'I will leave the ingredients on the table, prepare the breakfast by yourself.'

'Absolutely...' This time, instead of falling onto face, he decided to tilt to the side, so his face glued to the backrest.

'Oh, I would forget!' She coughed as she drank the coffee wrong, almost chocking on it, but Young Saeng didn't even flinch. 'Ji Soo woke me up, because her uncle found you a job, today you have to go there and introduce yourself. Don't forget to thank in advance!' She run to her room to grab some of her things and then came back to put on shoes.

It took few solid moments to let those words into his mind, but then Young Saeng suddenly straightened up, halting Aeri from grabbing the door handle. 'What?!'

'Yeah. I will send you address on your phone, just put it in the maps and you'll get there. Oh!' She leaned out from the entryway, since she already had shoes on, and put money on the shelf she could reach. 'Allowance. Take care!' And she walked out.

'Wait, wait, wait! What job?!' He tried to stand up and run after her, but he was tangled up in the blanket so he slipped. Second morning in a row he fell hard onto the ground. 'Ouuuch!' He scowled in pain.

Young Saeng heard as the door opened for last time. Aeri yelled at him from the corridor. 'I said take care, not 'kill yourself'! I'm late, call if something's wrong!' This time she shut the door and didn't come back.

He was laying on the floor with a pout, massaging hurt areas. 'You can't wake me up like that, cruel woman...' He said to himself. After that he heard the message bell on the phone, so he got up to check it. She sent the address.

What picked up his interest was the name of place: Min Art Gallery. 'An art gallery...?' He turned his head and looked towards the shelf with his clothes. 'What should I wear...?'

***

Young Saeng stood in front of big building with his mouth open and eyes squinted. As he entered the alley he noticed, that it was narrow street, with high development, but empty. There were some cars parked, but beside that – no one was around. Wind was softly blowing, running through his messy hair and lifting parts of his navy blue blazer mixed again with black trousers and sneakers.

He looked at the small note, where he rewrote the message from Aeri. The address was correct – the numbers on the paper matched those hung on the wall. And also there was a huge sign, saying 'Min's Art Gallery – modern & ancient'. On the front door there were some posters about ongoing exhibitions as well as opening hours.