Chapter 15

As Young Saeng got out of the gallery he was staring at pictures. Something was so off. He didn't even notice that earlier, in the art museum, that felt hungry and he didn't eat anything since the breakfast. As he got home it was already dark, because the hunger he felt was so strong he had to go to the restaurant and grab some food.

He opened the front door and walked in into already lighten room. Aeri was inside watching the TV. Young man shambled onto the couch and sat down. He has thrown the book with art descriptions on the coffee table and didn't utter a word. The nurse was observing him and after few minutes of moving her head and biting her lip, she broke the silence.

'If such a work is draining you out like that, I'm really starting to think you are a prince that has run away from his castle. Maybe you'll at least say hello? In the morning you were so eager to move out and now you're ignoring me...'

Young Saeng finally moved and took out the photos out of his pocket. 'Hi. Look.' He passed her the pictures without looking at her, lost in some thoughts no one could hear.

She firstly grabbed and looked at group picture, as Young Saeng did that day earlier. 'What is that?' Seeing that she was holding wrong picture he just pointed to look at the second one. The nurse examined it and slowly her expression was changing: first shock, then disbelieve. 'What's that?!'

He sniffed and smacked his lips. 'I would like to know...'

She started to stutter... 'Like- what- This man looks exactly like you! Where did you find it?!'

'Janitor gave me that.'

'What Janitor? At the gallery? Why? Come on, give me some info!' She wanted to know so hard that she hit him in the arm.

He sighed, while massaging the arm and finally looked at her. 'Why people love to hit me like that! Geez... So as I walked there he said he recognizes me from somewhere. Then he remembered and handed me this pics. It was taken 30 years ago...'

'30 years?!'

'Yeah. So he doesn't know who's on the picture. End of the story.'

'What, nothing more?!' She wanted to press him, to tell something more, but suddenly her phone rung. 'Oh, it's Ji Soo. Wait.'

She picked up and her best friend started to talk. All Aeri could do is to answer shortly. 'Yeah, he just got here! – What, your uncle already told you? – Isn't it amazing, such a coincidence! -Yeah, exactly, it means he exists! Haha! – What trip? – Wonju?' Each time she was leaving some time for Ji Soo to speak. As she told the word 'Wonju', Aeri placed her gaze at Young Saeng, as he hid his face in his hands.

Another fist landed on his shoulder and he shouted in silence. 'Wait, I will call you later – Yeah, bye, bye.' And she hung up. 'So?' She stood in front of him with her arm crossed on her chest.

'Really, you can't have some privacy?'

'What it is about?' She started to stomp her foot.

'So... he didn't know this man's name...' Young man was speaking slowly, irritating the nurse more and more.

'But?'

'But he remembered that he was there to sell the painting to the gallery.'

'And?'

'Do I have to say all?' As an answer she just raised her hand and he speeded a little bit. 'Okay! Then it turned out that even in archives it can't be found who sold this painting there. But they know it's from around Wonju. They don't pick up the phone, so they have to be visited. End of the story.'