Chapter 37

As the operation was in process, Young Saeng gradually was coming back to life. Jisoo was totally focused on her work, so even shaman couldn't get to her, she neither was needed as a help anymore. The surgeon was taking the tools into her hands by herself. The older woman decided to sit beside Young Saeng, to interrogate him a little bit.

'Feeling better?'

He was sitting, as he was spilled over the couch. He pulled himself up, letting her sit down next to him. 'Yeah...'

'Good. She's working well.' He nodded, as she pointed at busy Jisoo. 'When you were going to tell me that you don't have a driving licence?'

'It slipped my mind...'

'From now on, I'm the driver.' She hit her chest. The conversation halted for a second, then Young Saeng continued.

'What are we going to do now?'

She sighed. 'We'll have to find the real location to this damned goddess.'

Next question was heavy, so he swallowed his saliva hard. 'And what was your idea for saving Aeri?'

'Don't get me wrong here. It's weaker then hope. Just if this deity was famous of their ability to fulfil wishes, we could ask for helping her. Maybe also she ask for that, we don't know.'

'And why do I feel like you think it's a bad idea?'

Shaman shook her head. If he wouldn't be cursed, he would make a pretty good fortune teller, he can read the room. 'Have you not read the legend? She likes to play with the prayers. It may result in much worse outcome.'

Young Saeng hid his face in his hands. It really felt like the end of his dear friend story, as she was already lost. But maybe he was wrong. He had to believe, that the outcome will be the best possible. Otherwise, what is more to do? He took Aeri from his brother, he threatened her best friend and now he was helping her killer. There's no turning back.

Jisoo's voice woken him up from his deep thoughts. 'Done. It's... done. May I go to the toilet? Please?'

Shaman nodded and she went out. A minute later a teenager materialized in front of the couch, startling Young Saeng. He was tall and thin, still clothed in his high school uniform. His voice broke, when he spoke. 'Ma'am, she is calling for the police.'

Shaman suddenly stood up. 'Shit! What have I been thinking... Get up and lift the patient. We have to get out of here.' She ordered Young Saeng.

He meanwhile pointed at the boy. 'He was upstairs?!'

'I just gave the boys a little scare. Some flying objects won't kill anyone. Now, come on.'

He stood up and swayed. He felt really dizzy, so he grabbed his head. 'I won't be in ability...'

'Damn. You're so weak. Little wound and you almost faint.' Cursed man looked at her blankly, because of her weird remark. 'You. Get in him.' This time she ordered this to the teenager.

He was hesitant to obey. 'But the rules!'

She moved beside the body on the table, grabbing his temple. 'He's empty! Now go in, we have to get out quickly.'

So many weird things happened around Young Saeng, but still he had no clue what she meant. 'He's empty? Like how?'

'Remember that white substance leaking from his wound? It was his soul. She took it. He's empty. Now come.' The teenager lay over the body and soaked in. Shaman closed her eyes and a second later the madman opened his eyes and got up to sitting position, looking at his hands.

The familiar voice spoke in unusual tone. 'Woah, I feel something in my hands...'

Old woman stamped her foot. 'Will you please hurry?'

The patient, which was almost dead while ago, hung his legs from the table and swayed them. Suddenly his expression changed, as a spasm of pain contorted his face. He touched his chest and started to pat it with surprise. 'Ma'am, he really doesn't have a heartbeat.'

'And what I can do about it? I don't have a spare organ! Go, chop-chop!' She went out of the room, with Young Saeng following her. He was keeping an eye on the moving body. The teenager really was inside this man.

They met Jisoo running down the stairs. She looked firstly at shaman. 'You won't go anywhere! Police is already coming!'

Shaman shrugged her shoulders. 'Let's bet on this.' And she procced to go to the entrance.

The surgeon tried to stop them. 'What?! Stop! What about the body! You rush into my house, cause a commotion and now you leave him?!'

'Who said we're leaving him?' She pointed at the man standing bolt upright and smiling, as he wasn't laying bleeding out on a table an hour ago. He raised a hand and waved at Jisoo.

'What...?' She fainted and almost hit the floor, but Young Saeng caught her.

Shaman looked at limp body. 'Ok, let's go.'

'Wait!' Young Saeng shouted and picked Jisoo. She was light, so it was easy task. He took her into the living room and put her on the sofa. Then he looked around and noticed a bottle of wine. He opened the window and poured the alcohol, putting an empty bottle in her hands. Then he stood proudly upon her.

Shaman was immediately beside him, scolding him through her teeth. 'What are you doing?!'

'When she wake up she'll come to a conclusion it was just a bad dream, caused by the wine!' Young Saeng had this specific kind of sparkle, last seen in his eyes when he had pillow fight with Aeri.

Yet shaman had to bring him down to earth. She made him turn around and showed something. 'But what about that pool of blood on the table?!

His smile faded. 'Oh...'

'Come. There's no time.'

They run out of the home. Young Saeng wanted to take the car, but shaman forbid him from doing that. The police would find them too quickly. They had to run on their feet.

They were not far away from the Jisoo's house, when they heard the police sirens. The noise was getting louder. Shaman swore. 'If you wouldn't do this unnecessary thing, we could've run further... But still. We need a backup.' She took her bells again from the backpack and used them. Soon a young girl appeared in front of them.

'I won't do it.' The new ghost crossed her arms on her chest.

The old woman had enough of this weird day. Another person to persuade, when the time is limited. 'You have to! You're the only one I know, which is in ability to do that!'

Girl smirked. 'I know. That's why I won't.'

Young Saeng wanted to know, what was happening, but this time he shut up. Shaman continued. 'It's not going to end well for you!'

'There wasn't any other option in the first place.'

'Fine! I'll do what you want!' Old woman threw her hands in the air, as she gave up.

Young girl looked more interested. 'Do I have your word?'

'Yes! As soon as I handle this – I'll do that!'

'Then it's a deal!' She disappeared, but then suddenly all of the street lamps started to blow up, one after another. All the electronic devices in the neighbourhood did the same, including all cameras and dashcams, blowing up in silent pop. Car's alarms started to hoot. Shaman started to run in the darkness in some direction, so Young Saeng and the boy had to catch with her, trusting that she knows where she goes.

He could no longer be quiet. His curiosity was killing him. 'What was that? What did you promise?'

'We don't want to be caught, yes? So she kind of destroyed the evidence. I'll tell you the rest later.'

The teenager trapped in body of Aeri's killer pouted, as he run, dragging his legs and sniffing. He was sad and upset. 'But she didn't promise me anything...'

[Box for feedback, for better neatness. Please, leave your comments here.]