Chapter 35

As Aeri once explained Young Saeng, Jisoo was her friend from middle school. Since then they were almost inseparable, but Aeri's life went into different direction, than this of her friend. They both wanted to be surgeons, but only Jisoo finished her studies. Also she helped Aeri to start working in the same hospital. They were really best friends forever.

Knowing the fact, that Jisoo is surgeon, Young Saeng decided to risk everything and ask her for help. He and shaman arrived at their destination. It was a home squeezed in between others, with its own small garden in front of it. The gate was open and the lights were on, as it was visible through the windows. They pulled up beside it and Young Saeng was thinking on the way how he should explain this situation, but nothing was coming to his mind. He looked at Shaman.

'Maybe we'll just go to the hospital?' He really didn't want to scare Jisoo.

Shaman looked at him, not believing what he had said. 'We have someone, who is wanted by a police on our backseat. Yeah, let's go there.'

'But she'll kill me! And will inform the cops!'

'If we don't do anything you'll be dead anyway. I have an idea, but help me.'

They got out of the car and Young Saeng took man's body out to move him beside the door. Then shaman held him and hid, so when cursed man knocked on the door and Jisoo opened it, she couldn't see them.

'Young Saeng? What are you doing here? How?' She was shocked, because she did not expect him to be there. How did he know where she lived?

'Hi! I borrowed Aeri's car and your address was saved in there...'

'My address? Car?! You don't even have a driving licence!' She couldn't believe what she was hearing. The shaman behind the door also, as she was driving with him.

'Um... Are you home alone? I don't hear anything...'

Jisoo was cautious. She looked at him from head to toes. 'Husband is on a trip and boys are already asleep... Oh my God, is that a blood?!' Young Saeng's shirt had indeed some blood stain on it, beside dirt. He looked at it and tried to rub it off.

'Um... Not really... Listen, I have a request... Can we talk?'

In that moment shaman couldn't take in any longer. He was still standing in front of the door, not coming in. She stood up and hurriedly entered the room, ordering young Saeng what to do. 'In that pace it's going to take for ever! Bring him in!'

Jisoo tried to stop the intruder. 'Who are you?! Get out! Young Saeng what does it mean?!'

Meanwhile he dragged the body inside. The surgeon was trying to push out the strange women, but she struggled a lot. Then she noticed the body with the dragger in. She looked at his face and gasped in shock. Shaman got to door and locked it. Out of her bag she took out small bells and shook them. Young Saeng was breathing heavily beside the body, kneeling. 'Please, don't panic. Let me explain.

Jisoo pointed at the lifeless body. 'What does it mean?! I recognise this face! It's him! What explain?! I'm calling a police!'

Shaman put her nonchalant voice on. 'You won't call anyone, if you don't want your kids to be hurt.' She rung her bells. Firstly nothing happened, so Jisoo moved to grab her phone, but then she heard one of her boys calling 'Mom?' with a anxiety in his voice.

'Who is there?!' She asked the two intruders and turned to scream upstairs, where probably her kids were. 'Jae-hyun, don't be scared, mom is here!

The older woman warned her. 'Don't go there. They'll be safe, for now. You are needed here.'

Jisoo didn't want to listen to this crazy woman, so she was pushing on Young Saeng. 'What she is talking about?! Is she a lunatic?!'

He was already all pale, so he answered calmly. 'Min Jisoo... No matter what I will tell you won't believe me... So just blame me, but help him. He'll die otherwise.'

Jisoo grabbed her hair. 'I knew it. I knew it! You are connected to him, aren't you?! She died because of you!'

He was persistent. 'Please, he's dying...'

'I don't care. I won't be frightened. I'm calling the police!' She moved again to get closer to her phone. The kid's calling repeated. 'Mom, there something moving in my room!'

Jisoo froze. 'What do you want?!'

'Stitch him, so he won't die.' Shaman pointed at laying man.

'But this is my home! It's not sterile! Also I don't have all the tools. I can't do that! I will lose my license!'

'Aeri told me that you're one of the best surgeon's in the capital...'

'Yes! Therefore I don't want to lose that reputation!'

Shaman knew, that every minute lost on the arguing is not coming back. 'He just have to survive. It doesn't matter in which way.'

'Just?! It's craziness!'

Young Saeng wanted to cry, but he felt really dizzy. 'I beg you. You're my last hope.'

Old woman decided to threaten again, as the begging is not working. 'Do it, if you want your kids to be safe.'

Jisoo couldn't utter a word, weighting in her mind all possible options. Finally, she decided. 'Move him to living room. I'll bring the tools I have.'

'I'll go with you.' Surgeon had a hope she'll go alone and we'll be able to call for help, but this weird woman just followed her.

With the last bits of strength, Young Saeng dragged the man in the living room. There was a part with couch and tv, and in second – huge table. He decided to put him on this table.

When the ladies came back, they found limp body put already on the table and Young Saeng laying on the couch, covered in sweat and heavily breathing. Both of them had their hands full of various things. Shaman looked around. 'It's very convenient, that you have all of that in the home. Where to put it?'

Jisoo moved to the patient. 'On a chair, maybe. I don't know. Sometimes you need to practice and get known with your tool. Young Saeng, you could've at least take of the tablecloth! What I'm ever saying...'

Shaman noticed the lamp hanging straight above the table. 'And the light is in the right place!'

Jisoo wasn't pleased with this small talk. 'It's not bright...' She started to examine the patient. 'Hey... I his heart is not beating...'

The old woman looked at Young Saeng struggling on the sofa. He was still alive. 'He's still alive.'

'How can he be alive?! He's dead.'

'He's not. Just stitch him.'

'But!' Jisoo wanted to argue, but she noticed that Shaman put the weird bells again in the air. 'Ok...'

She put some gloves on and apron, as well she put the needed tools near the patient. She took out the knife, expecting the blood to not flow out, since his heart was not beating, but met the opposite situation. In was like a fountain. She screamed in shock and started to put gauzes on the wound. 'It shouldn't be like that!'

Shaman was in philosophical mood. 'Many things shouldn't be as they are.'

Jisoo looked at her weirdly, as she continued to operate on that man. Shaman stood beside her and passed the tools, adding weird comments. 

[Box for feedback, for better neatness. Please, leave your comments here.]