Chapter 19

'I already told you 5 times, I don't know who is he...' The metal jangled Young Saeng hid his face in his handcuffed hands.

The police satiation was loud and hectic, even if it was already past midnight. He sat cuffed in front of the detective desk, separated from other by simple piece of plastic. Behind him was sitting a policeman, clothed in uniform and right in front of him was detective in his casual clothes, looking onto his computer screen, asking some questions, but barely looking at the suspect.

'Then tell me for the sixth time. Your statement is as following: you've amnesia and your new friend, helping you out is Kim Aeri, at that very moment operated in the hospital. You've gained new personality and started new life. Then some accidents happened, where you've been looking for your past and you encountered this man, whose name you don't know, that accused you for many crimes and he took his revenge by kidnapping and later stabbing acquaintance of yours.' The detective's voice was repetitive, he said following sentence on one breath. Young Saeng had no other option than to just nod, looking at his bloody hands. 'Then he proceeded to go near the edge of the roof and fell. You tried to hold him, but he slipped off and hit the ground. And you finally could call for help. Is that correct?'

'Yes.'

Detective looked at him. 'Yes what?'

'Yes, sir.'

The man behind the desk nonchalantly stretched. 'Then tell me one more thing. Where is his body?'

Young Saeng took a deep breath. He tried to hid all the emotions he was feeling in that moment. 'I don't know.'

'But you said he fell.' The detective took a pen and played with it, looking at the handcuffed man.

'But he did...' He sounded hopeless, as he was telling the truth, but no one believed him.

'Then why there was no body at the bottom of the street? That no one reported a body falling from the roof? The street was full of people.'

'I don't know...'

The man dropped his pen and put his hands under his chin. 'But I think I know. You're hiding something. Cut that crap with amnesia, tell me what kind of shady business you got yourself into and what was the purpose of pulling Kim Aeri into that. Why you stabbed her?'

Tears started to fall down Young Saeng's cheeks. He answered sniffing. 'But I really don't remember my past life... And I would never touch her...'

Interrogating man hit the desk, making the suspect flinch in fear. 'You're such a bad, dull actor. Tell me now or...' He tried to make a valid threat, but he got cut off.

'Inspector Lim, I'm sorry for interrupting, but we got the video surveillance data. Here you are.' The policeman, which appeared beside them, handed a flash drive to detective.

The interrogator made a displeased face, but hid it and thanked the policeman. He connected the device to the computer, clicked few times and finally was able to watch the video from the roof. Other detectives gathered and looked at screen in anticipation. He took the file from today and fast-forwarded it, until it show first movement.

Around the late afternoon two people entered the roof area, where one – woman – was dragged by a second person, a man. They talked for a while, but the video unfortunately had no sound. He tied her to the sign there and waited. Again, detective skipped few minutes, because in the statement Young Saeng was late there. Indeed, he showed up and everything went according to his story, including walking on the edge and falling down. Detective looked at the suspect, sitting there soundlessly, only with tears falling down and such a pain in the chest, that could eat him alive. His words were true.