Raining Shells

(Mercenary Reader X Cinder Fall)

(Rwby X The Expendables)

Remnant is full of darkness, some are more open than the other, but the worst kind of darkness is hidden behind something that is seen as innocent. Cinder, one of the three daughters of a wealthy family is one of said victims.

Y/n was on a mission to rob the said family, he was a young operative mercenary of the Sangs: a team of fighters, thieves, assassins and specialists. He snuck into the manor quietly as his boots carried him to the vault of the building, when he was walking towards the safe he heard weeping to what seemed to lead to the cellar. Y/n out of curiosity and pity for the poor soul he entered the cellar but Deagle in hand. He turned on the flashlight on the barrel, he then heard the crying go quiet. He turned the corner immediately.

???: "Don't hurt me!"

Y/n saw a girl a year younger of his age with dirty rags, she was shivering in a corner with a dirty blanket wrapped around her. Y/n looked in shock and then his look changed into pity.

Y/n: "My Oum, what happened to you"

-scene change-

Y/n came back with his crew after his mission assigned by Jean Vilain who was the leader of the Sangs, he took the briefcase out of the car and walked into the warehouse. There he met Villain and his men who were just delighted to see Y/n.

Villain: Y/n! Good to see you in one piece"

Y/n: "I got you what you wanted"

Y/n handed the case to Vilain, he opened the case revealing the latest tech made in Atlas and the rarest dust in Remnant. He was giddy like a child getting a new toy.

Villain: "You did me well Y/n"

Y/n: "I'm still getting my pay yes?"

Villain:  "Of course, I want to give my second in command a happy retirement"

Yes, Y/n was indeed having an early retirement. He had already seen enough during the start of the age of sixteen and was ready to retire at the young age of twenty five, Villain pressed a button on his scroll. The young mercenary looked in his scroll to see five billion dollars under his name, Villain then walked up to him and put a hand on Y/n's shoulder.

Vilain: "When I first met you Y/n you were a mere child fated to die in the coal mines, now look at you. You are the most notorious fighter and mercenary in Remnant..."

He then brought Y/n into a hug which Y/n accepted.

Villain: "I am going to miss you Y/n, enjoy your retirement"

Y/n: "Of course boss"

The two parted ways and went to their business, Y/n put his gear in the trunk and drove off to a bar. The moment he got there he immediately got a call, it was an anonymous number. He answered thinking it was Vilain again.

Y/n: "Villain? Is there something you need?"

???: "I'm not your boss sweetheart"

Y/n grit his teeth, he hasn't heard her voice after what happened all those years ago. He gripped his phone answering the woman with a mouthful of venom.

Y/n: "How the fuck did you get my number?"

???: "I had to pull some strings, listen I need your help"

Y/n: "And why the hell should I after what happened all those years ago?"

???: "I know I did you wrong Y/n"

Y/n: "We made a promise, a promise that you broke"

???: "Y/n I will pay you another five billion if you just help me with a few jobs"