A Warm Embrace of Fire

(Cinder Fall X Shang-Chi Male Reader)

(Rwby X Marvel Comics)

Magic, a mere myth by the humans and faunus of Remnant, but even to this day of age of dust and semblances a rare amount of magic still exists on the face of the world. With it, the wielder with their magical ability possess great skill, like Cinder Fall and Y/n Shang

Cinder Fall, a notorious half Fall Maiden with the power to manipulate glass and fire. Serving under Salem she has taken many lives and defeated many opponents on her journey even before she became a Fall Maiden.

Y/n Shang, a powerful and skillful martial artist both in hand to hand and weapons. Known for his ability to use ancient magical energy called Chi and create weapon constructs he became one of the finest students in Beacon academy.

Yet the two great forces would never expect to see each other...until now.

-scene change-

Cinder walked the hallways in Beacon going undercover alongside Mercury and Emerald playing out the role of students of Haven. At the moment Cinder went outside onto the roof to cool her frustration, her nefarious agenda wasn't going as planned as Mercury and Emerald failed to kill a target. She then heard the rattling of iron from the bottom of the courtyard, as she looked out of the academy she saw a boy at the outer area of the courtyard, it seemed like he was practicing some kind of routine, a form of some sort with five rings on each arm.

The five rings on the young man's arms rattled as he threw a punch or went into a formation with his arms as he went to a lower stance, each strike was explosive and ferocious like a Tiger and his footwork and movement were balanced and graceful as a crane. The individual intrigued Cinder as she felt some kind of power surging within his soul, but it wasn't a semblance...it was magic. She watched from a safe distance before the two of them left to their respective dorm rooms.

-timeskip-

Cinder sat in the cafeteria in Beacon with Mercury and Emerald, she rolled around her food with her fork still thinking about what happened that night. It was something about the boy and worried that his abilities will turn the tide of the battle, she needed more information on the students here to see if they had any magical abilities themselves.

Emerald: "What's bothering you Cinder"

Cinder: "It's nothing, I'm fine"

Mercury: "It's just her resting bitch face Em, don't worry about it"

Emerald: "Shut up Mercury"

Cinder: "Focus on the mission at hand, how you feel doesn't matter anymore. It is all about the Fall"

Emerald nodded a bit sadly while Mercury scoffed, before they could continue their business a yelp of a girl came from a few tables around. It was a bunny Faunus by the name of Velvet who was getting her ears yanked by Cardin as his other teammates picked on her, Cinder turned the other cheek for a minute until she saw Y/n walking up to the four bigots.

Y/n: "The third time this week Cardin, I thought you were better"

Cardin: "Oh it's you, look guys! It's the same chink who refused to fight us the last two times!"

His friends laughed as Cardin continued to tug against Velvet's ear.

Y/n: "I'm giving you one and final warning. Let. Her. Go"