A straight forward approach

(Wing Chun Reader X Ty Lee)

(Note: The idea about this is that both are opposite on their style of fighting, Wing Chun is a more straight forward and less of a flashy martial art compared to Hung Ga and Shaolin Kung Fu while Ty Lee uses more long an acrobatic approach and gets pretty flashy with her moves. I hope you will enjoy this story)

A man was working in his restaurant which was the best in their town and had a great reputation. He was putting the plates into the shelves after another successful day, he then heard the door open to see Princess Azula accompanied two girls: Mai and Ty Lee. The man came in bowing to Azula curious of the situation.

Man: "May I help you your highness?"

Azula: "Cut the formalities, traitor"

Father: "Traitor? I-I don't know what you mean"

Azula: "We know you helped the Avatar and his accomplices, so we are going to take you in"

Man: "...Fine, I did help the Avatar. I am sick of this war that has been going in for one hundred years, the Avatar is the solution and the fire nation is the problem"

Azula: "Come quietly or you'll be taken by force"

The man took out his jian (a chinese sword) pointing it at Azula, she responded with blasting him though the wall with fire. He recovered only to see Ty Lee, then ran up dodging a sword slice and chi blocking the man.

Ty Lee: "For a veteran of the Fire Nation army you are pretty easy to fight"

Azula: "Let's take him now before anyone finds us"

Before they can do anything Ty Lee was kicked away out of nowhere by a sixteen year old boy.

???: "Stay away from my father!"

The boy turned to see Mai throw knives at the boy only for him to smack them away, Mai with a deadpanned face just put away her knives.

Mai: "There's nothing I can do"

Azula: "What do you mean?!"

Mai: "Didn't you just see what he did Azula?"

Azula: "...Good point"

The boy then heard Ty Lee coming trying to chi block him so he used the back of his hand to misdirect the attack kick her back to her original spot, he got into a stance bringing his hands in front of him. Ty Lee ran towards him and did a double front flip and tried to land behind him only for him to push kick her before she landed, Ty Lee got up surprised by what just happened. She ran up and tried to chi block him only for the boy to constantly smack away the attacks with his palms, impatiently the boy then blocked with his elbow injuring Ty Lee's finger. Ty Lee winced as she rubbed her finger, the boy then looked at Azula.

???: "Why do you want my father taken prisoner?!"

Azula: "He betrayed the fire nation by aiding the Avatar, therefore he will be arrested"

???: "He wouldn't! You're a liar and a-"

Man: "Y/n"

The boy Y/n turned to look at his father.

Man: "I'll be okay, please take care of yourself when I am gone, okay?"

The son held his father's hand and nodded, Y/n watched as his father was taken away by two fire nation guards. As Azula and the others walked away Ty Lee looked back seeing the boy hopelessly go back to the restaurant, Ty Lee felt sympathy for Y/n as she left with Azula.

-timeskip-

Y/n and some other workers were cleaning the restaurant, things were harder now that Y/n's father was gone. After everyone left Y/n locked the doors and walked back to his home, he entered his home leaving his things in a box before going to his room. Inside was a bed, shelves and a Wing Chun wooden man.