16

Annabelle gripped the railing of the staircase for dear life. A storm raged on, causing her to grow sick from the lurching, something she never thought possible.

Hand grabbed her waist as she slipped, and Will put his face by her. "Careful, Annabelle."

She looked over her shoulder to face him, cheeks burning red. "Where are you going?"

"It doesn't matter, just stay here." He mumbled to her, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Will, let me go with."

"Annabelle no."

"Please-"

"No, Annabelle." Will sighed. "I'll come back, yes?"

"Of course, you always do." Annabelle said, and leaned up to kiss him. He met her halfway and their lips met with urgency. She put a hand on his cheek, the other on his shoulder, whereas his was on her waist and the other on the handle.

"Oye!" Jack yelled and the pair split apart quickly both blushing a deep red. "Find a room after dear William comes back."

"I'll come back my love." Will said, telling Annabelle he has to go now. "I love you."

"I love you as well my dear." She mumbled and wrapped her arms around herself as she watched him climb into the row boat tossing in the water.

"Ah, don't worry Annabelle, he'll be alright." Jack said, putting an arm on her shoulder. She curled her lips up but never said anything.

"Jack, he may be alright but I love that man, of course I'm worried for him."

"Yes, yes, indeed." Jack said and moved closer to her. She pushed him off and walked towards her and Wills small room, and sat at the desk.

A small mirror reflected her and she frowned. She looked so frail and bags formed under her eyes. Has she really not gotten that much sleep?

Annabelle didn't know how long she sat there, looking at how horrible she looked. She pained herself as she wondered if Will had noticed and if so, how could he still love her in this state?

When she heard something on the deck, she rushed out, ready to see Will, holding the key that would bring everything back together.

But what she saw was something she never wanted to see.

An octopus like man stood before Jack and many other sea creatures that looked like men stood around with them.

"You have a debt to pay." The octopus said and Annabelle could only guess this was the one and only Davy Jones. "You've been Captain of the Black Pearl for thirteen years. That was our agreement."

"Technically, I was only Captain for two years, then I was viciously mutinied upon."

"Then you were a poor Captain but a Captain nonetheless. Have you not introduced yourself all these years as Captain Jack Sparrow?"

"Yeah, I have you payment. One soul to serve on your ship is already over there." Jack answered, pointing to the Dutchman.

"One soul is not equal to another."

"Ah! So we've established my proposal is sound in principle. Now we're just haggling over the price."

"Price?"

"Just how many souls do you think my soul is worth?"

"One hundred souls, three days."

"You're a darling, mate. Send me back the boy. I'll get started right away."

"He has Will?" Annabelle screeched and all attention was on her.

"Now we know why you're luck is so bad, you have a girl aboard." Davy Jones joked, causing all of his men to laugh.

"Annabelle go back to your room."

"No! Will is on that ship and you expect me to sit and do nothing!" She screamed more. "This is all your fault Jack, if you could've just helped us get Elizabeth back, we wouldn't even be here! But no! You want us to help you with everything!"

"Annabelle stop it!"

"No-!" Annabelle has begun again, but was knocked upside the head with the butt of a sword and fell into darkness.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Water splashed on Annabelle and she jolted up.

"Jack Sparrow!" She screamed. "Give me back my Will!"

"Annabelle." Gibbs said. "We're trying."

"How so?"

"We're at Tortuga finding sailors, thought you might want to join us."

"If it means getting Will back then certainly."

"Follow me then."

Annabelle followed Gibbs who led her to the bar she had been at what seemed like it happened so long ago, but at the same time, felt like yesterday. Where she had embarked on her quest to save Elizabeth and along the way got Will.

They sat at a table, waiting for poor souls to join the crew to just be tossed on the Dutchman. Annabelle never payed attention as they let any and everyone on, needing the souls.

"My story?" An all familiar voice said. "It's exactly the same as your story, just one chapter behind. I chased a man across the seven seas. The pursuit cost me my Crew, commission and life."

Annabelle almost chocked on air.

"Commodore?"

"No, not anymore, weren't you listening? I nearly had you all of Tripoli. I would've if not for the hurricane."

"Lord, you didn't try to sail through it?"

"So do I make your Crew or not? You haven't said where you're going. Somewhere nice!" And with that Norrington flipped the table and Annabelle fell off her chair and quickly jumped up, sword already out. "So am I worthy to sever under Captain Jack Sparrow?" Norrington found Jack and pointed a pistol at his head. "Or should I just kill you now?"

"You're hired." Jack answered before a brawl broke out and she was dragged into the mess of fighting drunk men.

Whilst fighting she was being dragged away by Gibbs who followed Jack, and Annabelle could've sworn she'd seen a male Elizabeth fighting with Norrington but she couldn't make out who it was before being pulled out of the bar.