30

Annabelle was almost glad for the maelstrom, the rain droplets pricking at her face, keeping her grounded in this single moment and reminding her she was alive. She looked at her crew and held her sword out to the Dutchman. "Fire!"

The Pearl fired her cannons as the Dutchman returned the favor, and Barbossa had a wicked laugh. "It's too late to alter course now, mateys!"

Annabelle smiled at the man, always a true pirate. If Annabelle was being honest, he should've been the Pirate King rather than her.

She exited her thoughts as the true battles started, Jones men boarding the Pearl. Annabelle gripped her sword and blocked the first swing she saw, a grin forming on her face.

Annabelle was no idiot girl, she knew she was in a war, but she had never felt more alive. She felt happy, almost, to be so grounded in a single moment. Adrenaline flooded her veins and all she could her was her heart hammering in her ears, reminding her she was still there, still living and breathing. If Annabelle was told a mere year ago that she would be King of all pirates and fighting off the most wicked of pirates, she would've laughed and called you crazy, even if she did want it to be real. But here she was.

Her dear Will grabbed her free arm. "Annabelle, will you marry me?"

Annabelle only laughed at him, but her brow was furrowed nonetheless. "I'm a little busy!"

"It's the only time! Please, Annabelle, I love you!"

Annabelle pondered the thought for a moment. "Barbossa! Marry us!"

Barbossa turned to look at her, fighting a man of his own. "Not at the moment!"

"It's in the name of love!" Will called.

"Fine than!" Barbossa shouted. "Dearly beloved, we be gathered here today."

Will faced his one true love. "Annabelle Davis, do you take me to be your husband?"

"I do!" Annabelle smiled, blocking a sword from a pirate, than stabbing his stomach. "William Turner; do you take me to be your wife in sickness and in health, with health being less likely?"

"I do!" Will answered, and the couple grinned at Barbossa.

"I now pronounce you..." Barbossa slashed at a pirate. "You may..." he cut an arm of a man. "Just kiss!"

Time seemed frozen, as if everyone stopped just for this moment.

William grabbed Annabelle and kissed her as deeply as he could, hoping it would last forever. Annabelle smiled into it and held his arms. Her dream had finally come true, even if it wasn't as ideal as she had imagined it.

When she pulled away, she was new. Annabelle Davis was a remnant of the past, Annabelle Turner was the only thing that truly mattered.

Annabelle let Will swing over to the Dutchman, Nathan following shortly after. Annabelle and Elizabeth nodded the each other as they grabbed ropes to follow their men, not allowing anything or anyone to steal them.

The girls landed on the deck, and instantly found Nathan and Jack, who was swinging around on a rope, but she couldn't find Will. Annabelle trusted he was alright, that he could handle himself, and she joined the fight.

She whipped around to see Davy Jones, scowling down at her. "You'll see no mercy from me!"

Annabelle held her sword. "That's why I brought this!"

She slashed at him, and he easily blocked it. Annabelle fought with all she had, he had taken her Will from her and now he would pay.

She made a single wrong move, she tried to advance on him but he was prepared. He slapped her across the face, sending her flying across the deck. She groaned and looked up to see a sword launch through his chest, but nothing happened.

Jones turned to Will, laughing. "Did you forget? I'm a heartless wretch." He looked between Will and Annabelle. "Ahh, love. A dreadful bond, so easily severed. Tell me, William Turner, do you fear death?"

"Do you?" Jack sounded, knife held over a heart. Annabelle sighed in relief and almost shouted to stab it. "Heady tonic, holding life and death in the palm of ones hand."

"You're a cruel man, Jack Sparrow."

"Cruel is a matter of perspective."

"Is it, now?" Jones turned around, going to stab Will. Annabelle screamed.

But it wasn't Will who was stabbed.

Nathan had shoved Will out of the way. Nathan took the stab.

Elizabeth turned and she screamed and ran towards him. "Nathan! Nathan! Look at me! Stay with me! You're all right!"

Annabelle knelt by Elizabeth trying to calm her down, but nothing worked.

Will sat in shock. He could've been in Nathan's position but he wasn't. He was alive and fine.

Jack held Nathan's hand and made him stab the heart, and Jones turned to them.

And suddenly Annabelle wasn't ready.

She was never ready.

She was never ready for war.

She was never ready to be pirate king.

She was never ready to sail across the seas.

She was never ready to lose her mother.

Her stepfather.

Her actual father.

She was never ready for anything.

Will grabbed Annabelle as they escaped the ship and Elizabeth was left in tears, screaming.

Annabelle and Elizabeth were sat on the deck of the Pearl, all in tears, all wondering what they did to lead them here.

If Elizabeth never put on that stupid necklace what seemed like years ago, they wouldn't be here.

They would at Port Royal, living their normal life's at home.

Home.

Annabelle just wanted to go home with Will and Elizabeth.

She stood up as the Dutchman came up along side them. Elizabeth stood and wiped her tears off.

"Wars not over yet." Annabelle mumbled as she watched them sail towards a ship, the Endeavour. She watched silently as cannons shot on the ship, blowing it to smithereens.

The enemy ships turned away and Annabelle carried a faint smile.

She would be going home soon.

But not before saying goodbye.

"As pirate king, I announce you to speak for me in case I'm absent. Speak for me, not for you. If I hear one thing you do that isn't something I would do; you're getting kicked out." Annabelle said, smile on her face. The pirates laughed and she felt tears stinging her eyes. "It was wonderful to meet you all. I'll never forget anything that has happened with us. Never. You are family. You're always welcome in Port Royal as long as you don't attack us; that's meant for you Barbossa." More laughs, more tears. "Please stop by to visit, I would hate to never see you all again."

They all nodded and said goodbyes as she, Will and Elizabeth prepared to go to land, to Port Royal and leave piracy.

Annabelle couldn't decide if she was happy or sad.

Maybe both.

But for now, having Elizabeth and Will was the only thing on her mind. Elizabeth held the chest that once belonged to Davy Jones, but was now Nathan's.

It was a sad ending to their story.

But an ending nonetheless.

All that was left was to get home and sleep.