28

The Crew followed Annabelle as she lead them through Shipwreck Cove, perfectly named. The entire place was made from Shipwrecks and was of course, in a cove. She knew she found the correct place when she heard faint talking that got louder as they approached.

"...to wait until Sao Feng joins us." Jack said as she got closer.

She entered the room, and all eyes were on her. "Sao Feng is dead. He fell to the Flying Dutchman."

Jack looked at her. "And made you captain? They're just giving the bloody title away now."

Annabelle rolled her eyes. "Listen. Our location has been betrayed. Jones is under the command of Lord Beckett, they're in their way here."

"Who's this betrayer?" A pirate lord asked.

"Not likely anyone among us." Barbossa answered.

"Wheres Will?" Annabelle asked and saw Elizabeth standing with Jack, but not Will.

"Not among us." Jack answered her.

"And it matters not how they found us. Question is, what will we do now that we have."

"We fight!" Annabelle yelled, slamming a fist on the table.

"Shipwreck Cove is a fortress. A well supplied fortress. There is no need to fight if they cannot get to us." Another pirate lord, well lady, said and was met with nods of agreement.

"There is a third course. In another age, at this very spot, the first Court captured the sea goddess and bound her in her bones. That was a mistake. Oh, we tamed the seas for ourselves, aye, but opened the door to Beckett and his ilk. Better were the days when mastery of seas cane not from bargains struck with eldritch, but from the sweat of a mans brow and the strength of his back alone. Y'all know this to be true. Gentlemen, ladies. We must free Calypso." Barbossa made a speech, and Annabelle agreed, but was met with the shouts of others.

"Sao Feng would have agreed with Barbossa." Tai spoke, and all hell broke lose.

Pirates were fighting and Annabelle wanted to scream.

"This is madness." Elizabeth muttered.

"This is politics." Jack muttered back to her.

"Meanwhile our enemies are bearing down upon us." Annabelle sighed.

"If they not be here already." Barbossa added as they watch them fight. He sighed and stood on the table, firing a gun. "It was the first Court that imprisoned Calypso, and we will be the ones to set her free, and in her gratitude she will see fit to grant us boons."

Jack then began speaking in none sense and Annabelle didn't listen. She was think about how to convince them. Without Calypso, this would be a lost cause and a waste of blood. "I agree with, and I cannot believe the words are coming out of my mouth, Captain Davis. We must fight."

"You've only ever run from a fight." Barbossa smirked.

"Have not!"

And the men argued until Barbossa said something that struck the attention of Annabelle. "I call on Captain Teague, Keeper of the Code..."

"You're in my way boy." A man said behind Jack.

Annabelle looked at him, noticing how he resembled Jack. She frowned, seeing how there could be no compromise with these idiots.

"It shall be the duty of the king to declare war, parlay with said adversaries... fancy that." Jack read from a large book, no doubt the Code.

"There's not been a king since the first court and that's not likely to change."

"Why not?" Elizabeth asked.

"Because the king is elected by popular vote."

"And each pirate only ever votes for himself."

"I call for a vote." Jack said.

"I vote for Ammand, the Corsair."

"Captain Chevalle, the penniless French man."

"SeSumbhajee votes for SeSumbhajee."

"Mistress Cheng."

"Gentleman Jocard."

"Annabelle Davis."

"Barbossa."

"Villanueva."

"Annabelle Davis."

"What?" Annabelle snapped and turned towards Jack, who had voted for her.

"I know, curious isn't it?" And hell broke lose again, but Jack sighed. "Am I to understand that you lot will not be keeping to the Code then?"

The room went silent and Mistress Cheng spoke first. "Very well, what say you, Captain Davis, King of the Brethren Court."

"Prepare every vessel that floats. At dawn; we're at war."