26

Annabelle Davis doesn't know how she ended up on the Pearl with Sao Feng boarding their ship with absolutely no fighting coming from anyone; but she somehow ended up there.

"Release her. She's not part of the bargain." Will said to Sao's men who held Annabelle.

"And what bargain be that?" Barbossa questioned.

"You heard Captain Turner, release her." Sao Feng said to his men and Annabelle was released.

"Captain Turner?" Jack also questioned.

"Aye, the perfidious rotter led a mutiny against us." Gibbs snapped.

"I need the Pearl to free my father. That's the only reason I came on this voyage." Will explained.

"Why didn't you tell me you were planning this?" Annabelle questioned, hurt in her eyes.

"It was my burden to bear."

"He needs the Pearl! Captain Turner needs the Pearl! And you felt guilty! And you and your Brethren Court! Did no one come to save me just because they missed me?" Jack questioned as he looked around. A small group raised their hands. "I'm standing over there with them."

"I'm sorry, Jack, but there's an old friend who wants to see you first." Sao Feng said to Jack and took him away.

Annabelle stood to the side as Will, Sao Feng and Mercer all spoke together, before Will was punched in the stomach and dragged off.

"It's a shame they're not bound to honor the Code of the Brethren ain't it? Because honors a hard thing to come by nowadays." Barbossa said as Sao was left behind by Mercer.

"There's no honor is remaining with the losing side. Leaving it for the winning side, that's just good business." Feng replied.

"The losing side you say?"

"They have the Dutchman, now the Pearl. And what do the Brethren have?"

"We have Calypso."

"Calypso! An old legend."

"No, the goddess herself, bound in human form. I intend to release her, but for that I need the Court, all of the Court."

Annabelle frowned at what was happening. Will had been lying to here, and now Barbossa might be doing what every pirate did. Lie to get his way.

"The girl." Sao said and turned to Annabelle.

"What?" Annabelle snapped.

"Annabelle is not part of any bargain!" Will yelled.

"Out of question." Barbossa said.

"It was not a question."

"Done." Annabelle said, stepping forward.

"What?" Will said and grabbed her back.

"Not done!" Elizabeth yelled.

"You got us into this mess! If this is what frees us, then done!"

"Annabelle, they're pirates!" Elizabeth snapped at her.

"I've had more than enough experience dealing with pirates!"

"So we have an accord?" Barbossa asked, smile on his face.

"Yes." Annabelle huffed and walked forwards towards Sao.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Annabelle was dressed in a new outfit with a headpiece as she stood in Sao Fengs cabin. "By this time tomorrow, we will arrive at Shipwreck Cove, and you will be free, Calypso."

"Excuse me?"

"Not the name you fancy, I imagine, out of the many that you have. But it is what we call you."

"We being who?"

"You confirm it."

"Confirm what? You have told me nothing."

"The Brethren Court, not I, the first Brethren Court, whose position I would have opposed, bound you to human form, so the time of the seas would belong to men and not..."

"...me."

"But one such as you should never be angles then what you are."

"Pretty speech from a captor. But words whispered through prison bars lose their charm."

"Can I be blamed for my efforts? All men are drawn to the sea, perilous though it may be."

"And some men offer desire as justification for their crimes."

"I offer simply my desire."

"And in return?"

"I would have your gifts, should you choose to give them."

"And if I should not choose?"

"Then I will take your fury!" Sao cried and grabbed Annabelle, pressing a kiss to her. She shoved him back of which a cannonball burst through the side of the ship and Sao was skewered to a piece of wood.

"Sao Feng!" Annabelle yelled and kneeled by him.

"Here... please. With all nine pieces of eight, you will be free. Take it!" Sao gave Annabelle his necklace; she looked at it in shock. "You are Captain now, go in my place to Shipwreck Cove."

"Captain the ship is taken, we cannot..." Tai Huang came down and looked at the scene.

"Forgive me, Calypso." Sao Feng said before drawing a final breath. Annabelle looked at Tai.

"What did he tell you?" Tai questioned her.

"He made me captain."

They ran out of the cabin and out to the deck, where they were grabbed by two guards.

"You are not my Captain." Tai spat at her.

"Annabelle?" A voice called from below. She looked to see James Norrington looking at her.

"Norrington." She said and walked towards him.

"Thank god you're alive, your mother will be overjoyed to know you're safe."

"My mother is dead." Annabelle frowned at him.

"No, that can't be true, she and Governor Swann returned to England."

"Is that what Lord Beckett told you?" She sneered at him.

"Who among your do you name as captain?" Davy Jones called out as he approached them.

"Captain? Her!" Tai yelled and pointed at Annabelle. The rest of the crew followed and Jones looked at her in shock.

"Captain?"

"Tow the ship, put the prisoners in the brig; the captain shall have my quarters." James said and Annabelle scoffed.

"Thank you, but I prefer to remain with my crew." Annabelle spat at him.

"Annabelle, I swear I did not know."

"Know what? Which side you chose?" Annabelle stepped back to her men. "Well now you do."