05

Annabelle Davis walked with Will as they walked through the streets of Tortuga. Men and women alike stared at them and Annabelle felt her palms sweat.

Jack looked back at the pair. "More importantly, it is indeed a sad life that has never breathed deep this sweet, proliferate bouquet that is Tortuga, savvy?" He grinned. "What do you think?"

"It'll linger." Will said, glancing at the fights breaking out, men drinking more by the second. Annabelle yelped as a man tried to grab out to her and Will slapped the hand away. "She's with me."

Annabelle smiled up at Will as he put an arm around her to pull her closer. "Thank you."

"I'll tell you mate, if every town in the world were like this one, no man would ever feel unwanted." Jack said. A girl wearing a red dress walked towards Jack. "Scarlett!" He said to the women. She slapped him across the face and his head whipped back. "Not sure I deserved that." He said. He turned his head back to see a girl wearing a yellow dress walking towards him. "Giselle!" He said.

"Who was she?" She asked. Jack looked at her in confusion.

"What?" He asked before she slapped him as well and his head whipped back again. Annabelle held back a laugh. "I may have deserved that." They continued through Tortuga as Will kept pulling Annabelle back towards him as more men tried to pull her away from them. "Love, you seem to be doing well here, you'd have fun here." Jack said with a sly grin and raised an eyebrow.

"You really don't know what to say to women." Will said with a sigh. He let go of Annabelle and she slapped him, whipping his head to the side. When he turned back towards her, she slapped his other cheek, whipping his head to the other side. "Alright Annabelle, you'll probably slap him more later." Will said and pulled her back to his side. She crossed her arms and glared daggers into the back of Jacks head.

They walked to a stable full of pigs and a man sleeping in the mud. Jack got a bucket full of water and splashed it onto the man. He yelled and looked up.

"Curse you for breathing you slack-jawed idiot!" He yelled before looking up at the trio. "Mothers love! Jack! You should know better then to wake a man when he's sleeping. Back luck." He said. Annabelle looked at the man more closely and gasped.

"Mr.Gibbs?" She asked. He looked towards her and chocked on air.

"Bloody hell! Annabelle? What are you doing here?" He exclaimed. Annabelle went to answer, to explain what happened at Port Royal, what happened to Elizabeth, but Jack stopped her.

"Such a nice reunion, but I'm afraid we don't have time. I know to encounter it. The man who did the waking buys, the man who was sleeping, a drink. The man who was sleeping drinks while listening to a proposition from the man who did the waking." Jack said. Annabelle furrowed her brows at Jack. Will left her side for a moment, returning shortly after.

"Aye, that'll about do it." Gibbs said. Will splashed water on him and Gibbs was once again dripping wet. "Blast! I'm already awake!" He shouted at Will.

"That was for the smell." Will said. Gibbs shrugged slightly and Annabelle laughed at them.

They walked towards a inn that also had a bar. The moment they walked in Annabelle wanted to run out, whores everywhere, men drunk and fighting. She grabbed onto Will like she did outside and he kept her in front of him as he pushed away the men making advances on her.

"Keep a sharp eye." Jack said to the duo once they reached a table. Annabelle and Will turned around and watched the bar fights. Annabelle yelped as a chair was thrown their way and ducked. A whore came over to them and started to rub on Will. Annabelle cleared her throat and looked at the women with a raised eyebrow.

"Incase you couldn't tell, I'm his lover." She said. Will blushed furiously at words and nodded. The whore glared at her as a man dragged her away. She looked up to Will with a blush of her own. "Sorry, didn't know how else to handle that really." She said. He smiled down at her.

"It's fine Annabelle." He said. "I'd love if that were true." A voice said in the back of his head faintly. He looked away and frowned at the voice.

"Oi! I got you two a room, there's a couch and a bed, so you don't have to share a bed." Jack yelled and tossed Will a key. "It's across the street, please don't get yourselves killed." They nodded and walked outside, the streets had emptied some as a fight broke out at another bar.

"Will, can we just sit outside for a bit?" Annabelle said as they reached the inn. He nodded and sat down on a bench and Annabelle sat down with.

They looked at the stars for a while, pointing at the bright ones and shapes they could find.

"That's the Little Dipper." Will said and pointed up. Annabelle followed his finger and looked in awe at it. She'd never gone stargazing before, let alone with Will. She yawned slightly and Will laughed. "I think we should get some sleep." Annabelle nodded and they walked into the inn.

Annabelle unlocked the door and walked in with Will following closely. It was an okay room. Not that small, but not that big. They put their effects on the wall and awkwardly stood.

"You can have the bed Annabelle." Will said and went to the couch. Annabelle went to protest but Will gave her a look.

"Thank you Will." She said. She turned towards the bed and lifted the covers. She scrunched her nose at the sheets. What else would you expect from a pirate port? She thought to herself. She sat on the bed and unlaced her boots to take them off. She tossed her legs onto the bed.

Will kicked his boots off and tried to get comfortable on the couch. He leaned his head up and looked at Annabelle.

"Goodnight Annabelle." He said softly to her. She leaned her head up from the pillow and smiled at him.

"Goodnight Will." She said. She watched as he struggled to find a comfortable position. "Will you can sleep here, it's fine, we can both fit."

He looked up at her and paused for a moment before smiling. Don't act like you haven't wanted to ask her that. The voice said. "If your fine with it." He said, trying his best to ignore the voice. He got up and Annabelle moved to the other pillow to make room for him. He got under the covers and looked at her. "Thank you." He said. She only smiled and closed her eyes.

He slowly drifted off to sleep as the voice spoke to him more.

(A/N: Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think, I had fun writing this chapter. If you have any suggestions feel free to add them!)