14

Annabelle woke up and groaned. She was being swung around from a stick to God knows where. She frantically looked around, seeing Will being treated the same way on another stick.

"Here's something to add to the books." Annabelle jokes about the new situation they were found in.

"Oh for Gods sake Annabelle can't you take something seriously for once." Will groaned, but held a smile. They looked up when they heard one of the people speak in an unknown language.

"Jack fucking Sparrow!" Annabelle yelled when she saw a man with eyes painted on his face. "Just the man we were looking for! Now before we have a sappy reunion, mind helping us out?"  Jack pokes both Will and Annabelle. "Jesus Jack, slow down on the rum! You're a drunk I swear."

"Jack! The compass! It's all we need to save Elizabeth! We were arrested for helping you, we face the gallows!" Will said frantically. Jack looked at him for a moment before speaking in the language. He waved them away. They picked them up, walking away from Jack as he looked at them in fear.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Annabelle and Will stood in sphere cages hanging over a ravine with the crew of the Black Pearl.

"Why would he do this to us? If Jack is the chief-" Will has started but Gibbs cut him off.

"Aye. The Pelegostos have made Jack their chief. But he only remains chief as long as he acts like a chief." Gibbs explained. Annabelle started to speak slowly.

"So he had no choice. He's a captive here as much as the rest of us." She turned to Gibbs who nodded.

"Worse, it turns out. You see, the Pelegostos believe that Jack is a God in human form and they intend to do the honor of releasing him from his fleshy prison." Gibbs explained more. Cotton, for once being seen without his parrot, bit Gibbs hand. Gibbs pulled it away and turned back towards Will and Annabelle. "They'll roast him and eat him."

"Where's the rest of the crew?" Will asked and leaned his arms and forehead against the cage, note they're made of bones.

"These cages weren't built until after we got here." Gibbs said with a thin mouth as Will jerks up and Annabelle looked pale. "The feast is about to begin. Jacks life will end when the drums stop."

"We should really get out of here." Annabelle said. And with that, they came up with the brilliant idea to swing the cages back and forth, going to use the grass on one side to climb up.

"Come on men, and dear Annabelle, it'll take all of us to Crew the Black Pearl!" Will cries out as they hosted themselves upwards.

"Actually, you wouldn't need everyone, about six would do." One pirate from another cage said. Everyone exchanged looks.

"Hurry!" Annabelle screamed out as they now raced towards the top.

"Stop!" Will hissed as a Pelegosto boy walked across the bridge above them. The men in the other cage didn't stop, merely kept climbing. "Stop!" Will hissed once more.

It happened in a flash.

A man grabbed a snake.

He screamed.

Everyone let go.

The rope holding the cage snapped.

They fell into the ravine.

The boy looked at them.

He ran off.

"Move you bastards!" Annabelle screamed. They frantically climbed up the vines. Annabelle was trying to not scream at the top of her lungs, this was stressful after all.

They got to the top and attempted to break it, but the Pelegostos were already on their tail.

"Roll the cage!" Will yelled out. They all sat in the cage and began to roll down the hill, the others following closely. They crashed into a tree. "Lift the cage!" They lifted and began to run.

"Lift it like a lady's skirt!" Gibbs yelled.

"Gibbs!" Annabelle yelled.

"You can slap me on the ship!"

They ended up running into a small ravine, luckily not that deep and with water. The cage broke and they began to swim out.

They reached the ship and two men stood there. The one and only Ragetti and Pintel. Annabelle was skeptical but never said anything. They all got on the ship but Annabelle and Will paused.

"What about Jack?" Annabelle said. She looked over to see Jack rounding the corner with a herd of the Pelegostos following.

"Time to go!" Will said and showed Annabelle up onto the ship, himself following closely. Jack launched himself onto the net of the ship with a grin as it began to move slowly.

"Alas, my children, this is the day you shall always remember as the day that you almost-" Jack was cut off with a wave splashing him. "-Captain Jack Sparrow." He finished with a sigh.

"Let's put some distance between us and this island and head out to sea." Gibbs said as Jack walked across the deck.

"Yes to the first, yes to the second, but only as so far as we keep to the shallows as much as possible." Jack responded in his normal fashion.

"Now that seems a bit contradictory Captain." Gibbs said.

"I have faith in your reconciliatory navigation skills, Master Gibbs. Now where is that Monkey? I want to shoot something." And with that he walked off.

"Jack." Will began.

"Ah." Said Jack.

"Elizabeth is in danger." Annabelle pleaded.

"Have you considered keeping a more watchful eye on her? Maybe just lock her up somewhere."

"She is locked in prison! Bound to be hung for helping you!" Annabelle fumed at him.

"There comes a time when one must take responsibility for one's mistakes."

"We need that compass of yours, Jack. We must trade it for her freedom." Will said as he held a sword to Jacks throat.

"Mr.Gibbs?" Jack said as he pushed to sword away.

"Captain?"

"We have a need to travel upriver."

"By need, do you mean a trifling need, fleeting, as in, say a passing fancy?"

"No. Resilient and unyielding need."

"What we need to do it make sail for Port Royal!" Annabelle snapped. "You pirates are completely stupid! My best friends life is on the line and you want to pass by a river?"

"Annabelle, we shall trade you the compass if you will help me find this." Jack said and pulled out a drawing of a key.

"You want us to find this? A key?" She scoffed.

"No. You want to find this. Because the finding of this, incapacitorially finding and/or locating in your discovering the detecting of a way to save what's her face. Savvy?" Jack said. Annabelle sighed at yet another one of Jack's complete  nonsense.

"This will save Elizabeth?" Will said.

"How much do you know about Davy Jones?" Jack questioned.

"Not much." They said stress the same time.

"Yeah, it's going to save Elizabeth."

A/N:

Hello! Sorry for not posting. School started and I'm very busy with sports. This has been one hectic year and I'm trying to do so much! Thank you all for being patient!