17

Annabelle sat on the dock as the Black Pearl was prepared to leave again. She felt sick as she realized she may never get Will back, and it was all Jacks fault, maybe even hers for suggesting they go to him on Port Royal when Elizabeth was kidnapped.

"Come to join me Crew lad?"

"I'm here to find my best friend and the man she loves."

"Man she loves?" Annabelle questioned after she whipped her head around. A smile reached her face and she understood who it was. "Elizabeth!"

"Hide the rum!" Jack announced as the two girls embraced. "You know these clothes do not flatter you at all. It should be a dress or nothing. I happen to have no dress in my cabin."

"Jack, Annabelle is right here, where is William?"

"Darling, I am truly unhappy to have to tell you this, but through an unfortunate-"

"Cut the shit Jack." Annabelle snapped. "He decided to not uphold a deal with Davy Jones and forced Will to take his spot.

"Oh please. The Captain of the Flying Dutchman?" Norrington had said after throwing up from his drunken state.

"You look bloody awful, what are you doing here?"

"You hired me. I can't help it if your standards are lax."

"Jack!" Annabelle and Elizabeth said in unison.

"Hmm?" Jack replied.

"All I want is for Annabelle to find Will.

"Are you certain? Is that what you really want most?"

"Of course."

"Because I would think, you'd want to find a way to save Will the most." Jack said, already back on his scheming.

"And you'd have a way of doing that?" Annabelle questioned as the girls raised eyebrows.

"Well, there is a chest."

"Oh dear."

"A chest of unknown size and origin."

"What contains the still beating heart of Davy Jones."

"And whoever possesses that chest, possesses the leverage to command Jones to do whatever it is he or she wants. Including saving that brave William from his grim fate."

"You don't actually believe him, do you?"

"How do we find it?" Elizabeth states, and Annabelle nods along with her.

"With this." Jack says, holding up his compass. "My compass is... unique."

"Unique, here, having the meaning of broken."

"True enough." Jack shrugged as Norrington threw up some more. "This compass does not point North."

"Then where does it point?" Annabelle questioned.

"It points to the thing you want most in the world."

"Jack, are you telling the truth?"

"Every word, love. And what you want most in this world is to find the chest of Davy Jones, is it not?"

"To save Will." Both girls answered as the compass was placed in each of their hands.

"By finding the chest of Davy Jones." The compass was opened and Jack stepped away as the needle spun before resting. Jack looked and attempted to find what way they would need to have. "Mr Gibbs!"

"Captain?"

"We have our heading."

"Finally! Cast those lines, weigh anchor, and trough that canvas!"

And so, the Black Pearl was off again as Elizabeth and Annabelle were reunited, off to find Will.