23

Annabelle shivered in the cold air. They were sailing in ice and everyone and everything was covered in it. She couldn't even feel her feet anymore with how cold it was. She sat by Will and the man who she learned was named Tai Huang.

"Nothing here is set. These can't be as accurate as modern charts." Will sighed as he looked at the map.

"No, but it leads to more places." Tai shrugged.

"Over the edge and over again. Sunrise sets flash of green. Do you care to interpret Captain Barbossa?" Will read from the map before turning to Barbossa.

"Ever gazed upon the green flash, Master Gibbs?" Barbossa turned to Gibbs.

"I reckon I seen my fair share. It happens on rare occasion. At the last glimpse of sunset, a green flash of light shoots up into the sky. Some go their whole lives without seeing it, some claim to have seen it that ain't. Some say..." Gibbs spoke, but Pintel finished for him.

"It signals when a soul comes back to this world, from the dead." Gibbs glared at him. "Sorry."

"Trust me, young Master Turner, it's not getting to the land of the dead that's the problem. It's getting back." Barbossa sighed.

Will etched an arm on Annabelle and pulled her towards him. "We'll get out of the cold soon enough, love. Just be patient." He whispered to her.

"I know, I know." She sighed before leaning a head on his shoulder.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The ship sailed through the night, stars shining brightly above. It wasn't cold anymore, therefore Annabelle could move freely. She stood at the front of the ship, looking at the sky.

Will came up behind her, placing an arm around her waist. "Love, go to sleep. It's late."

"I'm not tired." She muttered to him.

"Do it for me, just this once." Will almost begged. Annabelle sighed and nodded, walking away. "Barbossa! Ahead!"

"Aye, we're good and lost now." Barbossa said.

"Lost?" Elizabeth questioned, horror on her face, matching the face of Annabelle.

"For certain you have to be lost to find the places can't be found, elseways, everyone would know where it was." Barbossa explained.

"We're gaining speed!" Gibbs yelled.

"To stations! All hands, to stations! Hard to port, gather way!" Will shouted.

"Nay! Belay that! Let her run straight and true!" Barbossa shouted over him.

"What in gods name are we supposed to do?" Annabelle yelled at them. "You've doomed us all!"

"Don't be unkind. You may not survive to pass this way again and these be the last friendly words you'll hear." Barbossa snapped at her.

More shouts of commands were made. Tia Dalma mumbled words in a language Annabelle couldn't recognize.

"Hold on!" Will shouted as he clutched onto Annabelle.

Everyone let out screams as the ship fell off the world.