Chapter 50 - Sour & Sweet

College seemed a foreign place. Piya even got creeps looking at it. The students moving in and out, made her feel uncomfortable in Abhay's gifted coat.

Hiding her hands in the pocket, she wished to disappear. The bandage plastered on her forehead to fake the injury making her feel even more nervous about the issue.

What if someone got whiff of things that happened? It was a small city and that night a party was going on.

Shuffling on her feet, Piya feared to step in.

Misha would be there and she had no idea how it would go.

She almost turned around when a familiar hand squeezed her hand in pocket. Abhay looked at her with warning.

"Remember what I said." Abhay said. "Its not you who should run away."

Piya recalled every word of strength Abhay had whispered in her ears every time.

Nodding, Piya straightened her back.

"I'll be around." Abhay said. "Always."

Piya almost got panic attack when he left her hand and took a step away.

"You can do it, Piya." He said with conviction. "And you will. For me."

She could do it. She wasn't the lonely Piya anymore. There were people for her and she had to face this cruel world for them.

A smile brightened her face and she turned to face the college. With a new found strength, she stepped in the college.

Ruhi met her near the class and called out for her.

"Where were you all these days?" Ruhi asked. "Do you know how much fun you missed."

"What fun?" Piya asked ignoring her previous question.

At least, Ruhi knew nothing.

"I have an amazing news," Ruhi said twirling around with a huge grin.

Piya gave her curious glance.

"There's going to be couple dancing competition for new year's festive." Ruhi blushed. "Me and Angad will be the best couple."

"See I even learnt nice moves." Ruhi tried a few funny moves.

Piya pressed her lips, suppressing her smile. "You might be... Right." Piya shrugged.

"Yeah but first I had to participate." Ruhi said, her face dimming with sadness.

"And they rejected me." Ruhi confessed after a moment of silence.

"But you can go." Her face lightened up. "You can participate and win. After all, you got Abhay."

Ruhi gave her naughty smiles and Piya chuckled at her actions.

"Now come come before they stop the auditions." Ruhi said pulling her along with her.

She just couldn't go without informing Abhay. Dancing wasn't her strength either.

"Ruhi, listen," Piya tried to protest but no one could stop her excitement.

"I'll even teach you my secret steps. You shouldn't worry about losing." Ruhi blabbering taking her to audition room.

Piya stopped Ruhi right before she could push her in the dance club.

"I can't go alone, right? Its couple dance." Piya said, trying to avoid the subject for now.

She hadn't even discussed this matter with Abhay. What would he think?

"We have to call Abhay." Ruhi paused. "But wait, first you have to register your names and you can do that alone. So c'mon."