Chapter 59 - Flaking Snow

"Why are you not coming?" Her voice wavered for a moment, brown orbs filled with sorrow continued looking at him from the half open window of his car, uncaring of the falling snow.

In response Abhay gripped the steering wheel avoiding her penetrating gaze trying to hide something she was not able to understand but feel the dread of.

"I'll be back in evening." His answer came in mere whisper, grip tightening for a second before relaxing forcefully. A pause of breath and then grey eyes turned to her insistently, "If you feel any danger, just remember me and I'll be there."

Her eyes widened and the feeling of something wrong increased two fold. She held the half open glass of window leaning closer to him through the slight opening, her heart thudding in her chest.

"Wait, what are you talking about?" Piya asked hurriedly and breathlessly, her eyes searching his, for answers that he was not willing to speak. She could feel a nagging unease settling underneath her veins.

"Relax," Abhay said in a soothing voice locking his turbulent eyes with her tumultuous ones. "Nothing is wrong. I'll meet you in evening."

Her eyes narrowed in disbelief and she leaned back, grip loosening on the window before her hand fell to her side. Piya stared at Abhay trying to read something or anything that he was hiding but his face remained a calm mask, full of assurance, even if his eyes showed a hidden layer of the upcoming storm.

A smile full of sadness before Abhay looked away and started the car, leaving her by the gate of Raichand mansion with no explanation and a load of fear. She stood for a long moment, staring at the place he disappeared, thousands of questions scattered on her feet right along the snowflakes drifting with the wind.

Eyes closed, she lifted her head towards heaven, feeling the soft flakes caressing her face she gave out a painful breath. The mystery eating her heart but Piya was adamant not to let her brain go haywire. She would face whatever might come but she wouldn't break down. Not now. Not when Abhay needed her strong. No, not at all.

Trudging over the powdery ground, she made her way to the mansion and aimlessly in the hall.

-------------------------------

As the bike emerged from the road he was keeping an eye on, Abhay started the car without wasting a second. He did not know why he was doing this right at this time. The time that was at most crucial stage but he was simply going to do this. He couldn't ignore what Piya feared and shared to him with a hope of help and maybe... Maybe this was the distraction he needed just a few moments before the most important task of his life. Maybe this would help him focus on that task completely.

He hoped it would.

With a swift turn, he took over Misha's bike, blocking the narrow road completely. He looked over her from the window and let a moment to think about the matter. What was it that Aryan might need from her? What was his game in involving Misha when Piya and her friendship was already broken?

Stepping down the car, Abhay noticed the furious expression right after Misha recognized him. Aryan new identity wasn't his business but after Piya revelation, it seemed Aryan was planning something more complicated than he could comprehend. And if the amount of venom in Misha's eyes was anything to go by then Aryan had already set his trap by filling her ears with poison against Piya and him. That explains the absolute rudeness with Piya.

"Do you want me to destroy your fancy car?" Misha asked, voice cold and unapologetic.

Abhay watched her burning anger for a moment, folded his arms as he took a relaxed posture and raised his head arrogantly. His lips twisted in a mimicry of smirk.