Chapter 30 - Nightmare

Piya felt nothing. Absolutely nothing. And it was weird. Abnormal in a way she herself didn't understand.

Her hands were tied to a pole, behind her back. Her movements were restricted tightly and securely while the fierce fire laughed around her, billowing out smoke and licking the walls. The heat was coming closer with every passing second and the smoke was strangling her breath, choking her lungs.

It was a hell on earth but she felt nothing. No fear and no anxiety. As strange as it was, she was standing blank. Like held in a trance by some skilled magician.

Boggled was her first and last reaction when she had founded herself surrounded by cloaked weirdos and the dangerous wolves that seemed more train, much more like devilish humans on their paws.

They were unknown people and monsters. She had absolutely nothing to do with them and didn't even know why they wanted her dead. Their cold words had made no sense to her. The fight and flight system of her body had understood there was no chance of fight and flight so maybe her mind had went into recession.

Or maybe the feelings were too jumbled that she had no idea how to react to such surreal situation that seemed more a nightmare than real.

She leaned her head on pillar and watched the wrecked ceiling, waiting for death to take away her life and finish the misery once and for all.

Fire felt closer to her and she coughed feeling her breathing more strained than before. This was it. She was going to die.

After everything that happened to her. The betrayal to her mother and her death. Fate bringing her face to face with Dobriyal and Kabir attempts to destroy her. All of the fate plans to kill her in agony but here she was about to die in the stillness of forest, in an abandoned and ruined room, amid the attacks ballet of fire.

A smile graced her still lips. It wouldn't take long.

"Piya."

It was the voice of the man who helped her from the time she attracted so many attention, she never wished.

Jolting out of the numbness and letting her bottled thoughts scatter in her mind, Piya turned her gaze to the door, right in front of her at distance.

The reality and thoughts washed over her brain, leaving her shock at the absurdity of her reaction.

Panic seized her body as she took in the sight of crumbling room covered in fire while Abhay painful voice rang out.

The death was just some inches away from her and she wasn't ready to embrace it. She wriggled her hands, trying to break free through the ropes but the knots were tight.

Her lungs were being filled with smoke and oxygen was depleting away. Losing herself to numbness was her worst mistake and she wasn't ready to pay the price.

Anxiety struck her even more, letting her heart race in panic, as she realized Abhay wasn't calling her anymore. Coughing to gain some oxygen, she prayed for his wellbeing.

The strange person had took her out of the terrace from his house with so much skills that she herself wasn't aware when she was at his home and when in the middle of blazing fire. Shocked or not, she should've paid attention and checked for Abhay.

For all she knew, those people could be his enemy and Abhay in danger. But she didn't even care to think about him when he made sure to be beside her in every situation.

Since when did she become so emotionless?

Piya struggled to free herself. She wanted to leave this damn place and ran to Abhay. Feel the warmth of his arms engulfing her protectively.