Chapter 56 - In our Hearts

Panchi kept on ruffling the fluffy fur of Mistiv. In the peaceful house of her pets, she could not help but think about each and everything with the cacophony background of meows and barks.

Sitting beside him, she was well aware of the calculating gaze of her fiance. Thinking for a moment more she gave out a tired sigh, finally deciding to just confide her worries, in hopes that Danish would know how to handle the situation better than her.

"Invitation to de diya lekin Siddharth or Misha kahin bawal na khara kr dain. I'm scared they would end up causing more damage and we'll lose our chance with Piya." Panchi spoke slowly and carefully.

Danish straightened, extending his hand, he picked the Mistiv from her and turned to her with a thoughtful look.

"Your... fears are not unfounded, Panchi." Danish paused as Panchi looked down in defeat. "But it was the right thing to do. Now all we have to do is to make sure none of our fears come true."

"But... How?" Panchi looked at him with yearning for help in the depth of her hazel eyes.

"By talking to them beforehand." Danish took her soft hand in his large ones. "By making sure to be with Piya all the time and not giving anyone any kind of opportunity to insult her. By being with her with our support."

A smile spread on her face slowly and she placed her other hand on his.

"Now that's why I love you," Panchi smiled lovingly feeling better.

"And of course my charming personality right?" Danish teased good naturedly.

Panchi gave a heart laugh and placed her head on his shoulder.

"And that's the laugh I love most," Danish said with smile.

Smiling blissfully both of them missed another presence listening to them from the door.

Giving out a sigh, Siddharth continued his way to the study thoughtful of the information he unwittingly gained from his unplanned eavesdropping.

_____________________________________________

"you're my life," In the cold evening of Winter, the voice floated along with the biting wind and snow falling softly in the back garden of Raichand Mansion. The evening sun blotted by clouds and almost lost its hue completely as the night descend carefully.

"you're my love in a world full of blue and yellow," Piya continued to sing in the most horrible travesty of singing as unrhymed words vibrated loudly.

Sitting on the bench under the shade, Abhay stifled a laugh while leaning back. Piya was standing in the center and singing, her hands flapping wildly in poor animation, a funny sight that amused him to no extent. Silently he thanked Piya for not raising her voice, he doubted his survival otherwise.

"Why are you laughing?" Piya huffed, crossing her arms and fixing him with narrowed eyes that indicated she had seen through his attempts.

"I thought you love my laugh," Abhay said schooling his face into interest, not wanting to be on the receiving end of her temper tantrum that were increasing in numbers nowadays.

"That doesn't mean you'll make fun of me," Piya cried in disbelief, clearly she was well aware of everything.

"Why will I make fun of such a great talent that can wake up the dead and put the undead to eternal sleep," Abhay said deciding to let go the ruse and come clean, a smug smirk on his face as he moved his hand in exaggerated gesture.

Piya mouth dropped as she stared him for a long moment before turning on her heels and stomping off in typical Piya tantrum manner.

Eyes widened in understanding, Abhay got on his feet and chased her in the mansion directly in the hall. He refused to leave her alone knowing well he would pay for that misstep.