Chapter 22 - Twisted Scenarios

Snow had started to fall and wind was crispier than ever. Everything was freezing in the coldness of winter. As the evening was drawing closer, people huddled in their homes for warm comfort and road turned deserted.

Abhay shut the door of his car and his head turned to heaven. His black dressing had patches of white snow and flakes were scattered in his dark hair. His face showed displeasure as he gazed the covered sky.

He hated snow. It should've comforted him after the burning sun but it was more of danger than peace. It was a threat rather than serenity.

Sky covered with clouds wasn't his moment of peace but a call for war. The shadowing clouds were the lurking danger and falling snow, a fight.

Ruffling his hair to clear the snow, he left them messed up as he strode inside the mansion under the crashing fall of snow.

His parents were sitting beside fireplace, their designated place to sit when free. Removing a snow flake from his shoulder, he leaned on the sofa, his father was sitting on.

"So who's it?" Haseena asked about the person behind Piya, without beating around the bush.

"Kabir" Abhay answered without delay. There were no secrets between them and he has to also convey the important information.

"Understandable!" Haseena nodded looking at Chand. "The more the mask of goodness and money, the more people turns out to be evil." Haseena stated

"Just like us!" Abhay shrugged, casually pointing at their own masks

"He is exposed?" Haseena asked waving off his remark about themselves.

"Not yet!" Abhay answered and his lips turned upside down at the very idea of Kabir still roaming freely with his mask of best guy in town.

This answer surely surprised Haseena. Leaning forward, she threw a bewildered glance to equally surprised Chand and then looked up to see upset Abhay.

"Why not?" Came her reasonable question. They could expose anyone at anytime without any obstacle then why didn't Abhay throw Kabir out of Piya's life when he was worried sick about her.

Abhay shook his head with closed eyes. It was the crucial question with even more crucial answer and his parents deserved to know it.

"Because Kabir is being helped by someone" Abhay paused and observed the curious look on Haseena's face "Someone who doesn't belong to their world but ours"

"What?" Haseena exclaimed with wide eyes, this wasn't a good news. Not at all.

"What are you saying, Abhay?" Chand hissed in disbelief. Someone from there world and helping an evil human was a news not so good one.

"The unknown and strong power who is directing undead and werewolves against us, is helping and covering Kabir." Abhay explained in a dead tone that stalled their moment and his parents sat aghast.

"But.... But why Kabir? I mean..." Haseena was lost of words, her eyes were opened wide and she could feel the dread filling her veins.

"I don't think a creature so powerful would expose himself to a human." Chand commented in a calm voice but the gears of his mind had started. This unknown creature was creating troubles from long and his specie wasn't still known to them.

"Kabir doesn't necessarily know he is being helped." Abhay cleared, gazing the closed window beyond "The power is helping him from shadows, covering his tracks so to keep me out of line."

"You mean to say..." Haseena trailed unable to believe the implication of this whole matter

Abhay nodded, "Piya is being targeted to reach me. Whoever is doing this, he knows who Maithli was, what Piya meant to me, and how I matter to my clan. He is someone we don't know but someone who knows everything about us and is trapping us from every side with perfect precision."