Chapter 57 - Love is Strange Thing

Training late in evening, just because his parents were outside, was a rather peculiar decision on Abhay's part. A decision that Piya didn't understand but agreed nonetheless. Not that she had any reason not to. Besides she was kinda enjoying the whole process anyway.

As mansion was empty due to a particular meeting amid leaders of various clans, Abhay and Piya were continuing the training in hall instead of terrace. It had the added benefit of not using extra powers in camouflaging their activities. Not that Piya had any idea about it. Although mild weather was a little hindrance as fog covered the inside of mansion better but still there was no need to use high level of power, he usually used, in hiding themselves.

Blinds were drawn on windows to allow the shadows play in hall as both fought each other.

This time Abhay was sweating along with her as Piya panted in the otherwise quiet hall while they kept their eyes locked on each other and their stance ready to fight.

Piya was taking on the skills with fine excellence, the extra help apart. Throwing punches and swiftly kicking exactly when required. Her attacks were getting better, causing him to consume more of his powers to heal.

"Damn the heat," Abhay cursed, unbottoning his jacket to reveal black cotton shirt underneath. The burning of extra energy tended to make him feel extra warm even though he was cold being, not as cold as Vampire but enough to enjoy the fire. At this moment, though, he could not appreciate the warmth that was causing him sweat like a damn dog.

"Just say it you're embarrassed," Piya said, grinning at her victory, sleeves of her black sweatshirt rolled to her elbow and her coat already discarded on couch in front of cold hearth.

Just as Abhay threw his jacket on couch with her coat, the scent of his parents alerted him they weren't alone anymore.

Alarmed, his head shot to Piya who had already taken her position in the center, and was trying a few moves in air. Her long hair tied in a messy bun and her face set in concentration, a perfect picture of an assassin in training.

With a long stride he was beside her, pulling her in his arms as he cancelled the protective spell around the hall, his hands settling on her stomach, after freeing her hair from the bun, effectively caging her hands to carefully avoid the backlash. Ignoring her startled gasp Abhay placed his chin on her shoulder. He had to seem like a perfectly normal boyfriend. Some secrets weren't meant to be told to anyone at all.

Wind blew in from the slits of windows and played the curtains letting the light seep through the opening, illuminating the otherwise dim hall. He could hear her racing heart in the quietness.

"Abhay?" her voice came in a low and confused breathless whisper.

Fire lit up in the cold hearth, sparkling magnificently and adding soft hues on her face, her head half turned to take a look of him over the shoulder as she fumbled with half mind to get out of his hold. For a moment, he wanted to forget the world, the war and the lurking betrayals; forget every conspiracy and simply stare at her beautiful face shining softly in the firelight while silky tresses cupped her rosy cheeks.

"Relax," Abhay whispered in husky voice, when she raised her leg to kick him, close enough to her ear to give her shivers that he didn't miss due to their close proximity.

Piya stared him with her gorgeous eyes widened, he couldn't look away from the intensity and need in those brown orbs.

"What's happening here?" Haseena asked shattering their moment, sounding both amused and confused at the same time, appearing at doorstep beside Chand.

Piya jerked in his hold and doubled her efforts to escape him while her head turned on the other side to glance towards their parents.

"Just romancing with my girlfriend." Abhay answered calmly placing his chin on her shoulder, inhaling the sweet fragrance of her hair that reminded him of early spring.