Chapter 25 - Moving Ahead

The uneasiness on her sleeping face was disturbing him. The frown on her face was eating his insides and his conscience was mocking him on his failure to protect her.

What was his power if he lost in front of a simple human? To hell with the fact that the simple human was helped by the most dangerous enemy of his!!

He should've shielded her, even if it meant destroying himself.

Even if it required unleashing the hell.

A soft tone of the phone pulled him out of his guilty conscience. The ring was cut short without any talk and he turned to look at Misha who was frozen in the corner with her guilt-ridden worried face. He looked at the darkness falling outside the window and watched the phone blinking in her hand, now in silent mode.

"You should go back." Abhay said, his voice colder than usual, depicting the cold war his mind was fighting against his own self.

"I've left her once. I won't leave her now." Misha said, her eyes stopped at Piya. She didn't even look at the dinner went cold on the table in front of her. She was sitting in the same state from the time she saw Piya going hysterical.

"Your sitting here, won't do her any good." Abhay said, staring her coldly "I don't want your family to come here and create a scene. She is already going through enough, spare her the madness of your family."

Misha was jolted by his words. Her mouth hung and she looked at her phone blinking due to the continuous calls.

"I hate you." Misha said, hating how bluntly he stated the facts.

"Feelings are mutual." Abhay said turning his back to her as she stood up to leave.

Quiet footsteps echoed for second and then silence fell. He was alone with Piya now and it was his chance to do one more magic to help her mentally.

Placing his palm over her forehead, Abhay closed his eyes, letting some of his energy seep into her mind and body. Opening his eyes, he looked at the soft glow on her forehead before observed by her mind.

This would provide her strength to overcome the incident but that was possible only if Piya utilize that strength. But he would make sure, she does.

He sat back with a satisfaction that did nothing to suppress his guilt.

*

Darkness was receding and she could feel light filling in. Her body felt lighter than before and the pain seemed far, but she could still see him.

He was there, standing under the bright light of the sun and laughing at her evilly. Mocking and taunting her, he was growing angry. The knife in his hand glinted under the sun and stepped towards her with a maddening spark in his red eyes.

Her heart lept in her chest and she looked around frantically, searching for the person who had promised her to protect from this monster. She knew he would protect her, but then where was he?

"Abhay..." She wanted to shout his name but her voice was strangled and his name came out in a low whisper.

"Abhay, help..." She cried in her strangling voice in a hope that he would come to help her. But he was nowhere around.

Fear clutched her body, squeezing her like crumbled leaf. She had left Abhay, declining his offer to accompany. Who would protect her now?

She tried to run but her feet didn't work, as if held by gravity and tied to the ground. Looking frantically, she searched for help.

Her skin was slashed open by knife making her gasp for breath but before she could grasp the depth, the knife raised and slicing the air, was dashing to her heart.