Chapter 29 - Unexpected Attack

He had thought it was the sudden trip to his birth place that was actual conspiracy but it seemed his enemies were way ahead than him and they got plans different than he thought.

Or maybe they changed their plans when he altered the decisions?

Whatever it was, it wasn't good for Abhay and he could feel the danger even before Chand conveyed the news that was going to change lot of things.

"They're in home, Abhay. We're ambushed," Chand said. "Protect Piya. Don't leave her alone."

Abhay froze hearing his father. This wasn't happening. This couldn't happen right when he did so much to protect Piya. This couldn't happen right when Piya was alone at the terrace of his place.

No, shit, no.

Dropping the plate on floor, Abhay jumped over the table and swiftly ran to the stairs. Fear crawled over his body as he skipped several steps and ran in his inhuman speed to reach Piya. His mind forming possible scenarios and his almost dead heart going in frenzy.

How the hell his enemies catch on his mistakes so quickly?

It wasn't even mistake but they caught the opportunity right when served. Without wasting a second.

Like how?

Abhay halted, his gaze stopped at the silk robes fluttering on the doorstep of terrace. The group of vampires.

Abhay couldn't believe this was happening. His mouth opened in shock and his worry escalated.

How could they just reach the terrace without his notice?

And Piya?

Abhay eyes widened and the fear clutched his heart in a painful squeeze to kill him once again. Piya was in danger because of him and he couldn't lose her for anything.

Howling snapped him from his thoughts and Abhay jerked back. There sat wolves on the foot of stairs. He was completely trapped, standing in the middle of stairs with Vampires on one side and wolves on the other, while Piya was somewhere beyond his reach.

More than himself, the worry for Piya strangled him. He had to know where she was and protect her from this darker side of his world.

He was alone and it was going to be hell with both of his worst enemies, but the stakes were higher and it was Piya who was in real danger.

He had to be calm and he had to be strong but at that moment, Abhay couldn't work on either of his mottos. He didn't know why but the thought of Piya away from him was driving him crazy and he wasn't able to hold his emotions.

"For Piya, I have to do something," Abhay told himself and looked at both of his enemies who were staring him in anticipation.

Abhay took his decision and turned to vampires, analysing their situation. The leader was supposed to be without hood but there was no one amid vampires who wasn't wearing hood. The leader of vampires was missing and it wasn't a good news for Abhay.

Pushing back every thought, Abhay took his position in the middle of stairs to attack. Looking at werewolves, he attacked the vampires trying to tear through their row to reach Piya.

The werewolves attacked him from behind, clawing on his back and tearing his skin. Abhay kicked the animals while trying to get past the vampires.

Vampire flung him down to the ground floor. He crashed on the table that broke, the pieces of which poked his bodies. He stood up wincing at the trivial injuries that he attained.

Abhay glared at the werewolves and vampires that had gathered around him in second. He surveyed them sharply and realized they were in dozens which made it even more difficult for him to fight against them.