Chapter 47: Gabriel

Katherine Wright

I woke up with immense pain. Every part of my body hurts. I look out of the window to notice that it was still pitch dark outside. Meaning I had woken up in the middle of night. I felt something warm on my hand. I turned my head around and gasped pulling my hand out from under some other person's hand.

My action caused me pain and the person jerked up. The lights weren't on. But I could make out the outline.

"Preziosa are you okay?" Why does it sound so familiar. Then he switched on the lights. And the lights were on. They weren't very sharp. So I easily adjusted into its brightness. I saw Mr.Donnatiello standing near my bed looking at me with concern.

Oh no! He was the one who was holding my hand. And I woke him up.

"So-so. Me-" I wasn't able to form a word.

"So-so-ri-ri-e. I-I."

"It's okay Preziosa. Are you okay?" I nodded in affirmation. He sat on the bed near me.

"Is something bothering you Tesoro?"
(Sweetheart)

Why does he keep using these words with me? I dont know what they mean.

I said a small feeble no. I felt my throat getting better. I looked at water on the side table. And before I could try and reach out to it he beat me to it. He made me drink it like he did the last time I woke up.

"Do you want to go back to sleep?" He asked in a soft tone.

"N-no. Wh-where a-share my-my bro-ther-es?" I asked him. I wanted to see them. Why are they not here?

"Your brothers are in London." Then where am I? As if he understood my question he begun to answer me.

"You are in Sicily. In Italy." My eyes widened. Why was I in italy? Did they keep me hear all that time? My breaths started coming out in short pants.

"Hey hey Preziosa. Look at me. Calm down. You are okay. You are safe." He said placing his hand on my cheek and the other one on my shoulder. His action calmed me down. I dont know how but it did.

"You were in Sicily the whole time. Since the day you were...taken. Your brothers asked my father and I for help to find you. When I found you I took you to the hospital and then when you got a little better I shifted you here. At my summer house. You are completely safe here." He said and gently tugged a strand of my hair behind my ear.

Why was I so comfortable with him?
Why was I feeling so safe with him?

"Your brothers are very eager to see you. I'll call them and let them know that you're awake."

"How long was I out?" My voice was still breaking but it was better than before.

"You were put in a medically induced coma for you to heal nicely. I found you 4 days ago." All of this was a lot to take in.

"Do you want to wait till morning to talk to them Preziosa?"

"No I want to see them." I said.

"Okay I'll call him."

He called Alex and he picked up almost immediately.

"Yeah she's awake."

"No. She's fine. A bit shaken up but fine."

"She wants to see you all."

"Okay."

He turned to see me.

"They are as eager as you. I'll just get my laptop." He brought his laptop over.