Chapter 19: Returning Home

Katherine Wright

"I did what?"

I had just woken up after a 10 hour sleep. My brothers were surrounding my bed. They all looked tired. But when I woke up they put on a happy face. Alex wasn't around. And now we were talking about how I got high.

"Yeah. You heard it right the first time. You called Alex grumpy on his face. And then you forgot to count Alex as one of your brothers and accused us of eating him."

We all bursted in laughter. Yeah you heard it right I bursted in laughter. I had never laughed in life. And today it felt so nice to laugh. Maybe there is still hope for me.

Time passed by quickly. The drugs had started to wear off and now I felt in pain. I was restricted for lifting more than 10 pounds, cycling and climbing stairs. Since I had my room on first floor it was gonna be a bit of a problem. But I left it to my brothers to figure it out.

We had just reached home. And I was in Leo's arms. He held me in such a gentle manner making sure that my incision had no pressure on it. The doctor said it was gonna leave a tiny scare. Me and brothers then had an interesting conversation in the car. It went something like this:

"So you had a problem with the scar?" Silas questioned in a weird way.

"Ofcourse I do. I dont want it showing when I wear crop tops. I mean it is lower than that. But what if I wear a low waist jeans. I mean then I'll have a problem."

"Well if you wear something that low enough for the scar to be seen than I'll sew your top and Pants together than none of us will have a problem."

"What if I wear a swimsuit?"

"You dont know how to swim."

"Oh common Silas. Why would you forbid me from wearing what I want to wear."

"Because i dont want horny teenagers looking at you and imagining things"

"You are literally like TWO YEARS OLDER THAN ME. Besides if someone sees me like that you should stop the guy who is looking at me like that rather than preventing YOUR sister to wear something she wants to wear!"

"Well she has a point." Seb said agreeing.

"Yeah she does. Fine but still nothing too revealing. You know what I mean."

"Yeah I do. I'll dress ethically."

"Yeah good."

So you see that's what happened. But we did finally agree on the same thing. So as I was saying Leo carried me inside the house. As soon as the door opened. I saw beautiful balloons around the living room and a sign saying 'Welcome back Home.' It was in a light blue theme. Then they all shouted together:

"Welcome Home Kat!!!"

I covered my mouth with both of my hands trying to take in the surprise. It was beautiful. Nobody had ever done someone like this for me before. I was happy.

"So do you like it?" Alex asked.

"Like it? I love it. It's so pretty." I said bouncing a near by balloon.

"Well this is not just it. We got something for you."

He came forward with a small box used to hold jewelry. It had Cartier return over it and it had a blue ribbon on matching the theme of the whole decoration.

"We thought you should have something that you always have with you." I looked at him confused. I slowly pulled the ribbon and opened the box. I gasped in awe.