Chapter 29: Celebration

Katherine Wright

I was nervous. I was pacing around the locker room. I was already done with stretching. I had put on my white tennis outfit from Nike.

 I had put on my white tennis outfit from Nike

I wanted to win this. But my chances were thin. The girl who won last year plays great. And I have never played opposite to her. I dont know anything about her game. Hayden came to the lockers and told me where to focus exactly. He was excited because of the hard work he put into me. I didn't wanted to let him down. All my brothers were here except Alex. He promised he would come for finals. That is if I got into finals.

I was in for my first match. The player opposite to me was Jessie Brown. I had played a few matches with her and I knew her weak points and she knew mine too. But it wasn't a tough match. And I won. The whole court cheered for me. I jumped too at my win. I could see my brothers. They looked so happy. We were having simultaneous matches. So the next one was immediately after this. And I won that too. It means now I was in semi finals. But by now my wrist was starting to bother me. So I had to wear an elastic band to save it from some friction.

Soon the semi finals started. I could see Hayden's excitement. I jumped a little to warm up. Tessa Hale was opposite to me. She made to finals last year. She's good. The match was a little head to head. We both gave our best and she lost by one point. I punched air in happiness. The whole stadium clapped and my Yahoo brothers blew around whistles. I was happy but very nervous. Tina Seltin was gonna play opposite to me. Yeah the one who won last year. The one I never played with and the one who I never saw playing. I went to the locker room and saw Hayden.

"Hey baby! You were so amazing. I told you. Okay now I saw the girl what's her name..Tina Yeah so okay she's really good but not undetectable. Just aim for a shorter range. She hits the ball real hard and in turn expects that you hot it with same force. So what you have to do is hit the fast ball gently. Try to take the pressure on your hand. But little one don't take stress. Dont hurt yourself. No win is bigger than you. And Alex just arrived so he will be here for the finals.i love you." He said and hugged me.

"I love you too!" I said and wrath his waist with my hands. He kissed the crown of my head.

"All the best. Do your good." He said and left.

I entered the court and everyone cheered. Some for me and some for Tina. I saw her warming up a bit. And then the watch started. Okay Kat 40 minutes and you are done. My wrist starts aching again. Not a good time wrist!

As Hayden said her swing was very strong and my wrist was taking the fall. But hey I was keeping up. I was 4 points ahead of us having a good lead. And then while running across the court to hit I accidentally twisted my ankle. It wasn't too harsh but I missed a point. My brothers stood up almost ready to crash the match but to my luck they held their horses.

The then 4 point lead was now only one. And we had 5 minutes left. The match became more nail biting. After 3 more minutes her and I had the same score. And for the next minute or half neither of us wanted to back up. She understood my strategy. So I had to take her by shock. Now I had to use the element of surprise. So I hit the ball with a huge force. She was taken aback. She scrambled but finally missed it and I.....won.