Chapter 11: Brandon

Katherine Wright

As soon as Nate left. I got off bed figuring that nobody would come to check on me. This was the right time to call him. I dialed his number. I remembered it by hart. After a few rings he picked up.

"Hello. Who's this?" He spoke

"Its me. Kat"

"Kat. Where the heck have you been? It's been a week? I tried calling you but it was switched off. Where are you? And what number is this?"

"Brandon she died."

"..."

"She was fleeing country with her boyfriend. And she met with an accident. She died on the spot."

"Oh my God. I'm so sorry. Kat are you okay?"

"I dont know."

"Kat happy thoughts okay. You are gonna be fine. Just dont do something wrong. Where are you? I'm coming to get you."

"You can't."

"Of course I can. Now we can do what we wanted to."

"What YOU wanted to. I told you it's a waste. I'm nothing. You are wasting your time."

"Just tell me where you are okay and we will sort this out."

"Its of no use. I'm not in Australia."

"What-what do you mean you're not in Australia? Heck and what's this number? Kat what did you do?"

"I did nothing okay. After she died I thought I was gonna go to some orphanage or put into the system or something. But then the social worker digged up and found my older brothers. I'm with them right now. Under their custody. And its gonna stay like that until they realize how fucked up I am."

"Kat I told you to not talk bad about yourself. And what do you mean till they realize?"

"..."

"Kat. Tell me they know."

"No they dont and they dont have to."

"Kat listen to me. Its complicated. They have to know. You and I both know how far things can go if you are not under supervision. I dont want you to get hurt. So please calm down and pass over the phone to your guardian. I'll talk to him and explain our situation to him. He'll understand. He can help us."

"Have you gone crazy? You want to tell him about us? He will go crazy. He will kick me out. I have ONE chance to have a family. ONE chance and I wont let you screw it up for me."

"Kat he wont kick you out he'll understand okay. I'll talk to him. Just please let me talk to him. I cant lose you."

"Look I know you care for me and I appreciate it. But I'm fine."

"Kat I have to tell them. Just give me his name. I'll find the rest."

"No. You will do no such thing. You can't-"

"I can and I will. I have to."

"What do you mean you have to?"

"Kat don't make it harder than it has to be. I have my ways. I will reach them especially if your life is on the line."

"You'll never be able to reach them. They are rich and powerful people. They wont believe you."

"Kat your mom just died. You may have blocked it out but it will hit you soon. Why are you fighting me? I am on your side here."

"No. You are not. If you were on my side you wouldn't want to fuck this up for me."

"Common Kat. You think I want to ruin your life. This is your life on the line here. They have to know in order to help you, to give you what you missed out for 15 years of your life."