Chapter 37: Sunset

Katherine Wright

"Mom died because of me. I killed her"

"Dont you dare say that. You can never hurt someone. Even if its unintentional. You are so kind and gentle. Our mom loved you so much that she didn't even think for a second. She chose to protect you my angel. She knew that you could being the men of the Wright family on their men in a splitting second. Because we all love you so much. So never ever blame yourself for something like that." Alex said holding my face in his palms. I was in hysterics. I just hugged him tightly fisting his shirt in my hands. I took a moment to see everyone surrounding us. Everyone was in tears. All of my brothers and my father. I slowly parted and went towards him.

"Ca..can..I I call yo..you Da..dad?"

"Oh sweetheart." He said and took me in his embrace.

"You are so beautiful. Just like your mother." He said and took my face in his hands.

"I I thought I lost you. Forever. I always felt so unfortunate. But today I just met you an hour ago and I love you so much. I love you so much." He said and kissed my forehead. We stayed like that for a minute. Everyone composed themselves and returned to their normal self.

"No more tears." He said sniffing his nose and wiping my cheeks with his thumb.

"We have so much to talk about. But let's just have lunch first." Dad said leading me to the table. He sat at the head of the table and I sat near him.

"I hope you like Thai food." He said uncovering the glass lifs of the food laid down. There was thai chicken curry with coconut milk and steamed rice along with a simple noodles salad. It looked delicious. Everyone started passing the bowls but when it was my turn dad stopped me. I frowned a bot at him.

"Let me." He said and served me too much food.

"Dad that's too much." I said trying to cover my plate with my hand. He suddenly paused.

"Say it again." He said looking at me.

"Huh?"

"Say it again."

"That's too much."

"No before that."

"Dad?" I said with a questioning look.

He sighed in content. "It sounds so fulfilling. I have awaited this moment for so long. I lost hope but here you are."

"I lost hope too. But then I met my brothers who I love so much. And then I met you today. So it was worth hanging on to it."

When I was about to dig into my food Dad shouted.

"Wait!"

"What's wrong dad?" Nate questioned.

"You are not allergic to something right? Because if you are then I can cook something else for you." We all laughed.

"Dad at this pace she wont finish lunch till dinner. She's not allergic to anything." Leo said a bit annoyed.

We all had our lunch in peace. Then we all retired to our rooms to take a rest. I was about to plop down on my bed when someone knocked. I said a small come in. It was Dad.

"Hey. I didn't disturbed you or something?"

"No Ofcourse not. Um..come sit with me."

We sat next to each other on the blue couch in my room. I guess now was the time when the awkwardness settles in.

"So um..did you like your room?" Trying to male small talks

"Yeah..its very pretty. Thanks...I guess." I replied with the same emotion.