Chapter 48: His Embrace

Massimo Gabriel Donnatiello

"Gabriel." Listening to her say that did things to me.

Never did I ever knew that someone would call me Gabriel. An angel. I was called a devil in disguise. People preferred death over me. Than how could this one person think so different than others.

I killed people. Not innocents but still. I killed a lot of people. I was cold, ruthless and merciless. I'm scared she would run away from me when she sees that side of me.

Every passing second with her is so enticing. Making me want more. Just a mere touch on her hand made me sleep like a baby. I had never had such a good sleep in my lifetime.

When she smiled my heart skipped a beat. I  had never seen her smile except in that photograph that is still locked in drawer.

She fitted perfectly in my arms. Light as feathers. How her long and yet arms encased my neck. Having her so close to me wanted me to never let her go. I wonder how her arms wrapped around me would feel. How her pink plump lips would feel against m-

"You don't mind me calling you that right?"

"You can call me whatever you like Preziosa." I said and silence fell again.

"I should get you in. We can come back tomorrow." She just nodded.

I carried here back to her room. And then I received Alexander's message asking for his sister.

"Do you want to talk to your family?"

"Uhm...yeah." she said probably thinking about last night.

Katherine Wright

"When are you coming to get me?" I asked Alex impatiently.

"It'll take a few more days baby." Alex answered.

"Why is that? What are you not telling me?"

"I'll I'll just give me some time."

"No. I wont. I gave you all the time in the world. You're keeping all this stuff from me. I trust you so much and you just dont trust me."

"Its not that I don't trust you. I I'm afraid of how you would react."

"I love you all unconditionally. Dont you know that?"

"I know that. Baby but please understand." I paused for a second.

"Fine. But I'm not talking to you guys till you tell me the truth." I said and disconnected the call.

"Preziosa are you not comfortable here?"

"No it isnt like that. I'm sorry I just- I feel all these questions crawling up to me. And I lose it. I just miss my family. Its nothing to do with here."

"You dont have to give me explanations." He said sitting on the bed near me. Placing a hand on my cheek like he always does.

" I just need to know that you are okay."

"I am. Thank you for everything Gabriel. Thank you for saving me. Taking care of me. I'll always-"

"You dont have to thank me for anything. Non posso fare nulla per te."
(I can do anything for you)

"Huh?"

"Nothing. It's time for your lunch and medicines."
He said and called someone to bring lunch.

A women brought in some chicken soup and jello.

I was about to get a hold of the spoon when

"Let me." Gabriel said.