Chapter 5: Incident

Katherine Wright

I had changed into a comfortable pair of PJs and did my night routine. I had gotten into bed after writing about today's events. Today was horrible. It couldn't have gotten worse. My brothers absolutely hate me. Though Nate and Hayden didn't show it but still they would never love me. Silas hates me to the core. He was gonna make me go through hell. Leonardo was irritated with me. I didn't know anything about Alexander's feelings and sebastian was too busy cracking jokes most probably about me. Is this how its gonna be? Always? Should I just end it? Or maybe give it some time? I was surrounded by so many questions but I had answer to none. In normal circumstances I would paint but I don't have any supplies right now. I'll how to ask Alexander to let me go and buy some.

The pain in my shoulder was killing me. I had to put on some ice or I won't be able to bear it. I saw the time. It was 1:44AM. Everybody must be in bed by now.

I slowly got up from bed and tiptoed my way to the door. I was hoping it wouldn't make that sound and it didn't. Rich people doors I thought. It was really dark. And I out of nowhere I collided with a wall. A wall? I slowly looked up. Oh no this bad!

"Watch where you're going " said Leo through his greeted teeth and then grabbed my shoulder. Yeah the injured one. And I couldn't held it in. I tried to muffle my cry in pain but failed.

"Hey! What's wrong?" His grip loosened and he turned on the lights.

And before I could answer he called everyone out. I heard grunts.

"Something's wrong with her. She's in pain."
He said in a non emotional tone.

"What's wrong Katherine?"asked Hayden.

"Na-nothing. Its nothing." I quickly looked down.

"You are injured. Aren't you?"asked Alexander.

"Its nothing big. Really." Alexander breadthed out loudly.

"Let us decide that Katherine." He said annoyed. I annoyed him. Again.

"Where is it?" asked Nate.

"Her right shoulder."

"Katherine show it please." I was gonna object before he quickly cut me off.

"I wont ask again." He said. I didn't have much choice. He took me to the living room. I sat down and slow slid my shirt off my right shoulder. There it was the might black bruise paining me in all its glory. There was a change in everyone's expression. They showed..pity?
But it was quickly morphed into a poker face. Except for Alexander. His eyes grew dark. He was pissed. Seriously pissed. I shouldn't have shown it to them.

"Who did this!" He snarled making me jump in my place.

"No..no..no one. It was a..a..afreakaccident." I said quickly.

"We don't appreciate lying in this house." He said again in a warning tone but I couldn't tell him the truth.

"I am not. Seriously. I slipped on wet floor."

"You could have told any of us. It doesn't look like its healing at all." Said Hayden

"I didn't wanted to bother anyone. Besides I was on my way to get an ice pack. It will heal. They all do." I spoke and then realized my last sentence. Oh shit. I was hoping nobody heard that but then surprisingly Silas spoke.

"All?"

"Yeah. I'm prettyyy clumsy." I replied dragging the pretty.

"Next time you are injured you tell me. Okay?" Alexander spoke. Was he caring for me? Or am I just trying to...you know.

"Yes I will." I said very softly.

"Sebastian get me an ice pack. Nate get me the pain killers." Ordered Hayden. I thought they would defy him not wanting to help me in any way but to my surprise they complied.

Hayden placed the ice pack on my shoulder and gave me a pain killer. Everything was done now. I could already feel the pain going down. I stood up quietly and went to my room not before mumbling a small good night to which some nodded...some didn't. The pain killers helped me to go into a slumber. I was out like a light in 10 minutes.

Alexander Wright

I saw her climb up the stairs and go into her room.

"She was lying." I said gaining everyone's attention.

"I felt so too." Said Hayden.

"Can we just cut the crap? I'm sick of her already. Cant you see she is just trying to get attention. Didn't she had enough of it all her life?" Silas.

"Listen to me Silas. If you are gonna go on about this. I'm gonna lock you in your room and make sure you dont get out of it for a month. One more strike and you are done for good. Get it. I wont tolerate another word from you."

He huffed and went to his room. Sebastian followed.

"Hayden. Office."

He followed me into my office.

"Something's off about...her. I tried to dig in more but nothing came up. I dont want an...issues later on."

"Come on Alex. Stop trying to be so hard on her. We have to handle her with care and love until we find out more about her. I know you love her and I know you cant show your weakness to anyone but we have to do it for her. She is always scared and looks in pain. It must be so hard on her to adjust into this new life. We have to show her some support. I'm trying my best. So is Nate and I dont expect anything from the other three. Just think about it okay. And we will continue digging."

"Good night Hades." That was his que to leave. I completed my work. It was 3AM now.

I locked my office and went towards her room. I slowly opened her door and went inside. There she was, peacefully sleeping. She looked pale and tired. I hated myself for the way I had to treat my little sister.

I tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and slowly whispered

"Good night little angel."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇
Hello readers.
Surprise surprise surprise. Alexander's POV. Tell me how was it.
Those of you wondering this is not incest okay. It's just the sisterly love he has for her.
Keep voting...
Lots of love
Writer