Hatori's Place

Chapter 13

A/N: Man 1.2k reads?! This books is literally flying and I had no idea this fanfic would be any good tbh! Thanks so much for reading, commenting, voting guys. Apologize for the slow updates, I'm still working on the plot and how it should end. Might still take a while though. Stay awesome~♡

 Stay awesome~♡⚜

*Whistle*

*Whistle*

The teapot let out a sharp whistle as the water started boiling. Hatori moves the teapot off the hot stove, and turned it off. Preparing tea and some scones, while I snoop around his stuff.

To my surprise, we bumped into each other on my way out of the Sohma Estate, and he insisted on getting me a cup tea before he had to make his next appointment.

It's been years since I've been at his place, and a lot has changed since we were kids. He's obviously very serious about his profession as a doctor. There's bunch of notes, books and files about human health, body and mental conditions.

Then a picture on a shelf snatched my attention. It shows Hatori and a cute woman next to him. Both of them looks very happy, and carefree. Just like a married couple.

"Her name is Kana." Hatori began, carrying the provision to the table in the living room, "She was my assistant awhile back." He puts the tray of everything he prepared in the kitchen, on the table and plops down on the couch.

"What happened to her?" I asked bluntly, ambling over to a chair across from him, "Did you scare her off?"

Hatori poured tea in a cup and bends forward, placing it in front of me, "Maybe." He remains in a solemn demeanor, "The Zodiac curse eventually got the best of her, so I had no other choice but to erase her memory of me."

"Why did she lose her sanity?" I continue to ask, sipping the refreshing, flavours tea.

"Because I got injured the day we went for Akito's blessing." He mumble the words out, "Ever since, she chained herself in regrets and condemn. Losing herself in constant void of misery, and became an entirely different person. I cared too much to watch her live heartbroken longer than necessary, and did what I had to."

They went to my sister in hopes she'd give them her blessing? What in the world happened to him that led Kana into darkness?

"You went to Akito?" I lower the cup on my lap, "How did she react?"

Hatori closed his eyes, blowing out a breather, "Akito didn't approve, and out of blind rage attacked Kana. To stop it I intervened and got injured in the process."

"Oh.." as he opened his eyes, I could see pain from the past glint behind those purple orbs. Hatori truly must've loved this Kana to go through something that pains him in the end.

"Don't be mad at your sister, Blue." He says stoically, "I don't blame Akito. Neither should you."

"You can't be serious?" I hiss, "Because of her none of the Sohma family is permitted to find their own happiness."
I put the cup on the table and stand up from the chair, "When Rin told me what Akito did to her, I didn't want to believe it. I hoped Akito was strong enough to endure our parents foolish way of living, but apparently, she's just as bad as they are."

Hatori got up in a calm manner, "Perhaps she needs her big sister back to explain it." He walks over to me slowly, "Have you talked to her?"

Just when he threatened to enter my personal space, I turned and sauntered over to the window, "No. That tall bodyguard pushed me out before I had the chance." I cross my arms, gazing out the window.

The shoes shuffles across the floor as he comes closer from behind. A faint reflection of him could be seen in the glass accompanying my own. He placed a fist against the window, and leans forward. Fleetingly touching my back with his frame.

"Has it stopped you before?" He questioned casually.

I shrug, "Better letting her come to me."

"And, what are you going to say?" His tone remains the same, only this time he were talking next to my ear!

My body wanted to shudder so badly at the sound of his deep voice up close. Heart skipped a beat and my breath catches in my throat, 'The fuck is going on?!'

"I'll improvise." I look over my shoulder, meeting his expressionless face, yet there was a glimpse of amusement written over his striking features, "If you're going to nag about that checkup, then I'll feed your mouth with my fists."

He huff a laugh, "Hmhm~ Whenever you feel ready, just let me know."