Tohru Honda Knows

Chapter 2

It's just a ordinary day in the Sohma estate

It's just a ordinary day in the Sohma estate. Quiet. Peaceful. Almost uncivilized. Then the young cheery girl, with a heart of gold walks to the gates of the estate. She gazed up at the large gates with those big brown eyes of hers, mumbling something to herself with a sweet, delicate voice. Then, when the gates suddenly opened, she jumped dramatically. Eyes wide as the Sohma family's doctor came out, "AH!! Hatori-San!"

The tall stature, muscular yet slender built man meets the girl's nervous exterior with a somber expression, "Tohru, what are you lurking around here for?" He asked bluntly, with a deep masculine voice to match. Hatori is dressed in his formal attire with a blue tie. He has straight black hair, with a dark blue tint which reaches down to his nape. His bangs parts towards the right side in a form of an 'M-style', which partly covers his left eye. Those sharp purple eyes pierced Tohru's in curiosity, waiting for an explanation.

Tohru knows perfectly it's dangerous to hang around the Sohma estate, due to Akito's hate, and violent behaviour. But sometimes she couldn't help the urge meeting some of the friendly Zodiacs in there, and help in any way she can.

Tohru thinks for a second, then finally speaks up: "I just uh...wanted to meet Momiji!"

Hatori tilts his head, "Momiji?"

Tohru lifted her fists and continued energetic, "A-aye!! You see, it's been a week since I last saw him, and all I wanted was just to check up on him!"

The gates of the estate closed and brought a sad expression on Tohru's face, "Aw..."

Hatori saunter past her, "Too late. Momiji is busy these days. You should visit another time."

She turned around and followed after him, replying obediently, "Ah! So, is he doing alright? I've heard him play violin and I think he's doing great! I'm sure he'll be able to play for a whole audience someday, or what do you think?"

Hatori just kept walking, staring at the street as both of their shoes *click clack* over the cobblestone alley. Tohru gazed at him thoughtfully. Pondering why he seemed in a bad mood. Not only that, but also lost in deep thoughts.

The silence keeps going, until Honda breaks it, "Is something wrong, Hatori-San?"

He stops walking, and finally meets her nosey demeanor, "Why do you ask?" He replied sternly.

"Y-you kinda seem troubled!"

There was a awkward silence between them, while Hatori tried to decide whether to tell the kid what was on his mind, or not. He breaks eye contact, glancing up at the blue cloudy sky, "I'm thinking about a person who was very dear to me. A good friend I got to know in my years as a kid."

"Was this person a human, or one of the Zodiacs?" Tohru questioned curiously, and he gives a curt nod, "Yes, but...she left many years ago."

"I thought it was impossible for the Zodiac to leave the Sohma family!" Tohru gasped, and received a rather cold glare from Hatori: "Most of us says that because we don't feel strong enough to resist Akito. But somehow, Blue managed to leave everything behind. Breaking the bond."

"Blue?!" Tohru mumbled flabbergasted, and Hatori glanced away once again, "Akito's older sister." At his last words, Tohru's jaw dropped wide open, "Akito's...sister?!"