Elested

Chapter 24

Fire cracklig around a great expanse near the coast

Fire cracklig around a great expanse near the coast. Embers float constantly through the smoke devoured air that blocks a clear view of the grim environment.

Only the sound of waves lapping could be heard, but there was no telling where the ocean is located in the thick dreadful fog.

Grey ashes covered the stony terrain like a blanket on a warm bed, and on the shattered stones and torn loam lies a bloody woman.

She coughs and twisted over on her stomach with sharp inhales, as if she just were brought back from the dead.

The clothes she once wore are nothing more than ashes surrounding her, and the gloomy vault of heaven.

Her plain skin which already had been violated by scars, are now lubricated in her own dried blood and open wounds.

She spit and exhale shakily. Struggling to get up on her own two feet that could barely withstand her weight.

The woman's right face has no skin but shred meat and a lost eye, alongside her shoulder, forearm and leg. Her appearance had turned to a living dead.

A monster.

Grunting dryly, her last blue eye stares straight ahead in the smog. Watching as it takes the shape of the man she just fought, and nearly ended her life.

Teomi Je Sohma.

He drifts gradually towards her in a peaceful motion. Only his unrelenting globes glimmer in the color of freezing ice as he speak vaguely: "Well done, young one. You have proven to be a worthy dragon, and from this day on, your heart and soul will exist for the glory of the name; Drakon."

Blue sighs indistinctly, "I never wanted..."

"It doesn't matter what we want." He says with the faintest echo, "What matters is what we are, and who we choose to be. Do not regret this day, my grandchild."

She takes a unsteady step forward, "Don't go, grandfather! Stay with me..." A tear sparkles on the corner of her eye, "Please! You're the only one left I have as a family."

"Search for the ocean realm."

"The ocean...?" Blue hissed in agony, and the shape of her grandfather slowly fades along the mist.

"Ocean realm." He repeated ghostly, "The world under the ocean grounds. Birthplace of all dragons and where your mother can be found."

"M..my mother...?!" She blunder in utmost shock, and Teomi's last movement was a pointing finger to the clouded unknown to the right, "Give your breath to the sea, and you shall be reborn."

His words was thrown into silence as the mist blew away with a mystic whistling wind. A large meadow, and far-flung proud mountains slowly emerged from the blinding haze. Revealing wealthy green landscape, and the endless horizon of saltwater.

She didn't spend much time admiring the beautiful scenery, her mind - just as broken as her body - made her move one jiggling leg after the other. Slowly approaching the edge of the cliff, where relentless waves strikes the indestructible wall of stone and pointy shears.

Blue stops at the border. The glint of existence is no longer present in her eye.

Gaze fixed on the boundless view; uncharitable.

With one short inhale, she leans forward: "...Take my breath..." her eyelid, like the last glimpse of sunlight, went dark.

And what remains of her shell, dives straight into the depth of the ocean.