Stitching Bonds

Chapter 25

* * *

Graduation day is closing in for the senior year students of Kaibara Municipal High School. Most are stoked to start over and continue a memorable adventure. While others cries with their classmates of the fact separating ways, and reach their goals and dreams without them.

But for the Sohmas, their line of sight just seemed to darken hour after hour. Especially now when Akito's brain is about to explode in madness due to the harsh truth being left behind.

More of the Sohma members has lost their curse: thanks to Honda's extreme kindness, the bond keeping them tangled against Akito are weakening and breaking apart.

Not only did Blue's return infuriate Akito, but seeing the loyalty of her peasants slipping away pushed every button to insanity.

Especially when the one person they keep hidden inside a pitch black room, advanced into the light. Tormenting Akito with more hate and jealousy than ever.

Ren Sohma.

Akito's mother.

Puzzle pieces fell bit by bit in their rightful place, and Akito realized her life and existence was based on a lie. The words she still remember from her father rings in her head. But now, when everything he told her is vanishing, she grows desperate and scared for the future.

Refusing to change.

After mistreating and locking Isuzu inside the Cat's room, Akito later stabs Kureno in his lower back and afterwards  disappeared into the rainy night.

While this was happening, Tohru was bracing herself to confess her love for Kyo. But since he has a hard time dealing with his true emotions, and constantly blaming himself for the mistakes he made in the past, he rejected Tohru in the showering rain and rushed off.

Yuki didn't hear every detail of their conversation, only how she wanted to be with him and he turned her down. Yuki followed shortly after Kyo and once Tohru was standing alone in the rain, a stained, drenched Akito approached her with a knife.

Even though Akito was holding a knife at her, she didn't express much fear: instead it opened her eyes and she saw Akito in a different light.

Through their chat Akito became frightened and heartbroken hearing the truth. She dashed off crying, not wanting to accept the validity or listen to Tohru's kind words of friendship.

Until they both stood near a cliff, just where Tohru's tent where destroyed - she managed to convince Akito they could start over and become friends. Just when their hands were inches away from touching each other, the ground beneath Tohru's feet crumbled and she descend to the bottom.