Left Behind

Chapter 23

The clockwise is five minutes away hitting 08

The clockwise is five minutes away hitting 08.00pm, and the handsome doctor of the Sohma family is patiently waiting outside the popular restaurant. Young women blushes and admires him from afar and between the hungry line of people waiting to get inside.

Hatori checks his phone for the hundredth time.

No reply on the many messages, and 5 failed calling attempts.

A bad feeling twisting his gut told him she wouldn't show up, but he choose to trust her.

"Heey, Haa-San." A familiar cheery male voice snatched Hatori's attention from his phone, gazing blankly at the blissful man heading towards him, "Fancy meeting you here of all places. Are you waiting for someone to have a heart attack and perform first aid?"

"Funny." Hatori's shoulders went slump, "To your surprise, I'm actually here to eat. Why else would I stand outside a restaurant, Shigure?"

Shigure laughs it off, swinging one arm around Hatori's shoulders and clings to him, "Haha, can't you take a joke once in a while, croaker? It may make your lifespan longer."

"Information like that is fake." Hatori grabs Shigure's wrist and moved his arm off him, "And if you were half as fun as you think you are, it wouldn't be a problem making me laugh."

Shigure makes a silly face, "Aaw~ do you have to be so harsh, Haa-San?" His expression returned to a decent one, "With that aside, are you waiting for Bubu?"

A single brow raised, "What makes you think that?"

"You're my best friend, Haa-San." Shigure flashed a devious grin, "I know how much you care for her, and I must say, your taste in women sure are demanding."

"Huh?"

"First you dated a human who lost her mind, and now you're trying to tame a dragon?" Shigure shrugs in a scheming manner, "Why chase girls far beyond your reach, Haa-San? You'll just end up being hurt all over again."

Hatori grasped onto the collar of his dark coloured suit and pulled him closer: angry, "Don't meddle in my private affair, Shigure. My relationship with Blue is none of your business, and mentioning Kana to make a point doesn't change anything. Blue isn't a human. She is one of us."

Despite being held in a threatening grip, Shigure didn't lose that cunning smirk in his handsome face, "Is she now? If she were, don't you think the curse would have been broken a long time ago?"

Hatori released him and Shigure continue severely, "I hate being the one to tell you this, but Blue will sooner or later break your heart. She isn't a Zodiac, but a real dragon from ancient legends and mythology. Maybe she'll stay on ground to spend some time with you, but when she's bored I assure you, she'll take flight long before you can reach her."

Hatori usually wears a unreadable expression, but this time - anxiety and depression shines from him.

Then Shigure's light grey eyes flicks at someone strolling over the street, and he waves with a large grin, "Heeeyy, Mayu-Chan! Over here!"

Hatori turned just enough to notice Mayuko Shiraki heading over to them. Wearing formal fitted clothes, and has her light brown hair down with a cute bun at the back.

"Hi!" She greets politely, "Are you guys here to eat too?"

Shigure pats his stomach, "Oh no - no. I'm full as a fat Christmas pig." Then he shoves Hatori over to Mayuko's side, "Say, why don't the two of you have a lovely evening together? You're both hungry, ey?"

Mayu blushes brightly and she roars at Shigure as he takes his leave amusingly, "You are the worst person I've ever known!! Damn you!"

"Let's go." At his calm voice she looks at his stoic surface, "A table is reserved in my name. It would be a shame letting it go to waste." He starts walking to the guarded entrance with Mayu following suit.

Since Mayu is a very outgoing person, the two of them talked randomly while eating a delicious meal. She has always been attracted to Hatori since the day her best friend Kana introduced him. But even though she is a tough and ambitious woman, she never thought about pursuing Hatori.

But now that Blue's location and condition is unknown, who knows where the road ends?

Maybe Blue and Hatori never was ment to be together after all.