Curious Honda

Chapter 14

Tohru sits by her school desk next to the window, not paying attention to the history teacher while staring blankly into the distance

Tohru sits by her school desk next to the window, not paying attention to the history teacher while staring blankly into the distance. Trapping herself in a rollercoaster of thoughts: 'Wonder how Akito will react when he sees his older sister. She seems nicer than Akito, but with many buried secrets. If the Zodiac members sees Akito as some kind of god, what does that make Blue? A Zodiac animal, or a god too? I wish I could talk to her, but even though she seems nice, there's something about her that scares me'

"Tohru." The teacher calls out her name and snapped her out of the pondering trance, "Eh?!" She gasped dramatically at the teacher's voice, and has everyones eyes fixed on her.

"I asked you if you know the name of the first Japanese Emperor?" The history teacher repeated his question, which Tohru didn't perceive.

"Oh, eeehh..." Tohru nervously went through the pages of the history book, her cheeks tinted bright crimson of the fact she was spacing out in the middle of the class, "His name was....eeeehh...."

"Jimmu." Saki announced, saving Tohru from further embarrassment.

"Correct, Ms. Hanajima." The teacher turned his concentration on the board, writing down the name of the first Emperor and jabber more around it.

Tohru exhaled in relief, shooting Saki a glance of appreciation.

When the class came to an end, some of the students left the classroom while others flocked together as glued mummies, talking about random shit and homework.

Arisa and Saki confronted Tohru at her school desk while she stashed away her things, "You are spacing out a lot lately, Tohru." Saki began.

"What's on your mind?" Arisa asked curiously and concerned for Tohru's welfare.

"Well..." Tohru hesitates, "There's someone I want to talk to, but have no idea what to say once I see her." Tohru sighs heavily, "I'm just going to make myself look hopeless!"

"Her?" Saki and Arisa choruses, then Arisa continued, "Who's this person? Someone we know, or should know?"

"Be glad you don't know her." Kyo retorted, having both legs on the desk and arms crossed behind his head. Acting all cool and calm, "That bitch is trouble. Better stay away from people like her."

Arisa puts a hand on her hip, shooting Kyo a cold side gaze, "What's with your tone? Have you forgotten you're not worthy enough looking down on people, since you're an idiot yourself?"

"You..." Kyo growls with an irk mark thumping on his face.

"Before we can have a say in this situation, Tohru. Why not give us more information about whoever this is?" Saki implied flatly.

Tohru fiddles with her fingers, "Uh, you see...she's one of the Sohma family."

Arisa gives a mocking grin toward Kyo, "Aaaha, one of your retarded family tree, huh? Kyo?"

"NO!" Kyo flew off his seat in pure rage, "GRH, SHE'S A NOBODY!!!"

Arisa laughs in amusement of his short temper, then Tohru continued: "Her name is Blue, and I've only met her once. She seemed like a very collected, strong and beautiful woman with a lot of experience. I'd appreciate getting to know her better, but I'm a little nervous where to begin."

Kyo clicked his tongue and grabbed his school bag from behind the chair, tossing it over his shoulder, "Hmph, if I were you, I wouldn't had wasted time and energy on a stranger who doesn't deserve it."

Tohru's round brown eyes dilated, "Eh?! What do you mean?!" Kyo didn't answer her question, leaving the classroom with vexation radiating from his bad boy attitude, "Kyo!" Tohru called after him, but without luck catching any sign of response.

Arisa shrugs, "Aah, don't care about him. We're here for you, girl."

"That's right." Saki agreed.

Tohru flashes a blissful grin, "Thank you! I don't know what I would've done without you guys!"

They pulled Tohru in for a group hug, "Same goes to you, Tohru!"
"And don't worry too much about this strange Sohma woman. Once you meet her again, just be yourself."

Tohru's grin stretched wider as she hugged them back tightly, "I will give it a try! I won't EVER give up!"

Arisa ruffle Tohru's hair, "That's my girl!"

"Hahahah"