The Statue In The Park

Chapter 15

18

18.30pm

Hatori and I has been hanging out since we bumped into each other in the Sohma estate. We truly let our minds and speech roam freely in one another's grace. Cooking a nice dinner together at his place, chatting and reminiscing about the good memories of the past.

Time really do flies with great company. Before I even realized it, the two of us are out on a refreshing stroll through town. The slightly dim sky is painted in orange, pink and faint blue like a brilliant piece of art, while the sun is moving down behind the proud mountains.

A delicate warm breeze blows in the air, lightly rustling the trees and bushes around the bewitching park we went to. It's one of the most popular parks in Kaibara, and contains one of the greatest heroes of Japan.

My Grandfather - Teomi Je Sohma.

A long time ago, there was a horrible war amongst the people in Japan. Many innocent lives were taken, both women and children alike.

No mercy.

Only darkness

And

Bloodshed.

There was no hope left in the people's heart. The world was driven into pure chaos and threatened to fall into burning hell.

Until

Teomi interfered between the two armies of the war. Wearing just a red robe with golden details, no shoes or protection from incoming attacks.

It was said, he spoke calmly and softly to them to quit fighting a meaningless battle, before the land they once knew, would burn to ashes.

Of course, the two armies didn't listen and out of selfish blindness rushed towards each other. Blades and spears held high. War cries echoed through the mighty boulders of the mountains. And black smoke hovered over the gloomy sky.

It was then, my grandfather exposed his true nature by turning into a fire breathing dragon.

To end the war, and constant bleeding shared between humans and animals, he put the entire battlefield on fire. Melting away every bit of cruelty from the bones of bloodthirsty, and greedy souls.