Don't Ask

Chapter 5

Hatori led me to the upper floor of Shigure's house, gesturing me to enter a empty guest room

Hatori led me to the upper floor of Shigure's house, gesturing me to enter a empty guest room. Just like a gentleman escorting a pretty lady, he made sure I entered the pitch black room first, before he closed the door. Making this check up more private for some reason.

He turned the lights on, and the first thing I laid my eyes on, was my own reflection in a tall mirror on the wall. My chest/long raven black hair is the slightest wavy, with middle bangs across my cerulean orbs. My fine lips has a faint color of red, from the lipstick I put on earlier today. I couldn't help but notice, how thin I've become during these past few years. But compared to how I were as a kid, this is actually an improvement.

Well built.

Strong.

A body and looks most women would kill for.

I didn't see any flaws from my perspective. Except the weakness of being able to handle my past, and finally move forward. No matter how much I train with Master/Sensei, I lack the strength accepting the wrongs I've made, and rise my head above the darkness that hunts me.

The sound of something hitting the floor, whipped me around. Only to find Hatori kneeling down on the floor, opening the brown suitcase and pulled out a stethoscope, "So...how are you feeling?" He asked monotony, his voice deep and sturdy. For a second I thought mystified: is this the same Hatori I played with as a kid? And studied together?'

Turns out, he has changed quite a lot! Taller. Handsome. A smashing haircut. A well built body shape, and perfect lips! Not to mention those bewitching purple eyes!

"Blue."

"Huh?!" As he called my name in such a crispy voice, I came to realization how much I spaced out in front of him! It made a odd heat spread across my cheeks. Hatori puts two flat pillows on the clean floor, "Sit." He said in a rather commanding manner, patting the pillow in front of him.

I quietly sit down on my knees, the pillow is soft and comfortable. I face him, observing his movements as he put the two tubes of the stethoscope in both of his ears, "You're spacing out. What did Honda say to you?"

I shrugged off my leather jacket with a soft sigh, "Nothing much. She just asked about my parents..." my gaze drops, while unbuttoning my blue shirt enough to make access for the heartbeat check up. He leans slightly forward, placing the disc shaped resonator over my left breast, listening carefully to my heartbeat.

"Apparently it made you unwell." He mumbles, continued listening to my heart in different angles of my breast.

'Thank god I'm wearing a bra today..' I thought, feeling the tension between us growing stronger. After he listened to my heart and lungs, he leaned back while yanking the tubes out of his ears: "Your heart and lungs are in perfect condition, as far as I can tell." He puts the tool back into the suitcase, simultaneously as I buttoned up my shirt: "But your scars worries me."

At his statement my breath catches in my throat, "W..what?!" Those purple, dominant eyes are glued on my briefly exposed shoulder, and I quickly covered myself up: "Stop staring, damn it!"

"Something really terrible happen twelve years ago, right? Something that forced you to leave everything behind you."

I stand up, closing my eyes as I look aside, "I'm not talking about it, Hatori. Doesn't matter what I say, or do. What happened can't be changed." At the sound of him standing up in a calm pace, made me open my eyes again. Realizing how close we are right now, got my heart accelerating a bit faster.

"Not with that attitude. I'm even surprised you've come this far without breaking apart."

My brows furrowed, "The fuck are you taking me for? I'm not the same weak child anymore, see!" I said louder than I intended to, clenching my hands into solid fists, "Don't you dear say anything about my past to those kids downstairs. I'm over it, and you should too."

He lifted his head with a challenging gaze, "If you aren't weak, then why are you avoiding your past? Why not talk about it, if you have truly moved on?"

"Shut up!!" I gritted my teeth, "I'm not the same person anymore, Hatori. I'm not crying in your damn arms, complaining about how my life sucks!" I averted my glance from his, "Hell, that didn't even make me feel better. It only made things worse."

"Why the hell did you even bother to come to me in the first place?" The annoyance in his rugged voice snapped my eyes back on him, "If it only made you feel worse, why go through the trouble being in someone's arms for comfort?"

I frown, "Man, and here I thought you had changed. But you're just the same nagging, tone deaf, lame guy I've always known." I hurled those insults onto him, and as expected he did the same: "And you're just the same, stubborn, demure and desperate girl I remembered."

I look aside, trying to come up with an awesome comeback, but I got nothing. Before I even knew it, Hatori snatched my wrist, yanking me into a tight hug.

"Eh!!!"

One of his strong arms is tightly behind my lower back, while the other held my head against his hard chest, "I missed you..." he mumbled softly, "Blue, why did you leave? Didn't I...soothe you enough?"

As kids and teenagers, we always hugged after a fight. Even with or without words, we just hugged our frustrations out until we both were satisfied. Back then, it didn't mean more than meaningless canoodle between best friends.

So

Why does this hug feel...different? More warm.

Intimate.

Emotional.

Longing.

I gripped onto his formal jacket, snuggling my face deeper against him, "...I'm sorry, Hatori."