Rin & Blue

Chapter 9

Next Day08

Next Day
08.00am

Water surrounds me. Glittering bubbles is rising to the bright, light blue surface. My whole body feels weightless beneath the cold, refreshing water. My raven black hair gracefully flows in all kinds of directions. Shining by the rays of morning sunlight that travels through the clear water.

Back in the Holorsha city, I found a way of calming myself by laying under water. Letting the coldness, and quiet take me to a different universe. Releasing stress, and heavy thoughts out of my complicated mind.

The others doesn't know the cursed part of me that well. All they know is that I'm one of the oldest, most ancient Zodiac member, and that I wield certain powers.

I didn't know what I was capable of, until I met Sensei in Holorsha. He is also a jinxed human, just like the many other cursed folktales, he is doomed to live a life in the shadows. Forever an outcast.

Loner.

And

Seeker.

He is one of the oldest mythological creatures I've ever known, and in the beginning, didn't believe existed.

A vampire.

He could sense my unusual aura, which was burning of the shape of a monstrous dragon.

Sensei didn't quite understand how to train me at first. How he was supposed to bring my mind at ease, and heart in focus of the restless spirit inside. Despite the struggle we faced together, he never gave up on me. And I eventually managed to dig deep into myself, and bring forth the power of a dragon.

That's why I can stay under water. Once my entire body is underneath salt, or fresh water, gills appears on both sides of my throat and makes me able of breathing under water.

My lips curls into a tiny smile, as I push myself up to the surface.

*FOSH*

I threw my drenched hair backwards, feeling every droplet of water trickle, and drip into the glittering water. I run both hands through my wet hair, exhaling a relieving breath.