Vacation House

Chapter 8

Hatori unlocks the front door of the lake house, and pushed it open

Hatori unlocks the front door of the lake house, and pushed it open. Gesturing me to head in first, and with a smile on my face I walk through the doorway. On the outside, it looks like a modern Chinese cottage. But on the inside, its more basic and retro styled, with a comfortable home touch.

It's a lot of space from the floor to the roof, which makes it easy to breathe in here. The floor in this one leveled house, is light brown wood, with matching isolating walls. The windows are either sorted in a row, or alone with the same squared size. Parted white curtains is hanging elegantly downwards, few meters from the spotless floor. Letting sharp daylight seep right through the transparent glass, and brighten the rooms.

The roof has several small lights fasten across the living room and kitchen, which can be balanced in intensity.

I put my bag next to the red, fancy couch. Eyes roaming around the familiar, yet immemorial interior, "Not bad."

The door was being shut with a weak *slam* and the next thing appearing was Hatori's clacking footsteps across the floor, "Still as you remembered?"

I shake my head, "No, it looks different. In a way." Suddenly the warmth of his two hands came on my shoulders, 'Wh..what's he doing?!' I flinch at his touch, my stomach flexing and a unusual heat flares between my legs.

"Blue." He whisper my name in my ear, his soft breath tickles the sensitive skin and sends shivers down my spine, "Talk to me."

I turned my head to get a slight glimpse of the enchanting man behind me. But, despite this close proximity his stoic expression remains the same. As kids and early teens, we had no issues staying close to each other. Just like this. For him, this is just normal behaviour between old pals.

I exhale a barely audible breath, "It's hard to explain..." when I fumble with words, the warmth of his hands fleetingly moves down my arms, wrapping themselves around my stomach. The sensation of butterflies erupts in the bottom of my belly. Body quiver uneasy being caught in his firm, strong arms.

"I got time." He whisper again, but this time his voice has grown husky. Almost scattered my thoughts into the wind, but thank god I managed to snap out of my clouded mind, and pushed him away, "Maybe another time."

"Why is it so hard for you? When did you get this reserved?" He asked as if he were frustrated, tilting his head the slightest sideways, "It's like I don't know you."

I frown, "A lot has changed, Hatori. Just like I said before, I'm not the same person I once was."

"Obviously." He mutter stoically, shoving his hands down the pocket of his black formal pants, "If your sister asks the same questions, what are you going to answer then?"

"I'm not sure about meeting Akito yet." I pick up my bag, "Besides, how I'll deal with my sister is none of your business."

"Do as you want, but now that you're back...at least for now, doesn't the thought about explaining few things to your closest friends, sound fair?"

"I'll think about it." I turned aside and walked in the direction of the bedrooms, "Thanks for the ride." Was the last words I said to him that day, and used the time alone to stroll through old rooted paths. Allowing my thoughts to swarm all over the place. Wondering, imagining what type of hell I'll step into, by going back to the estate at some point.

How will my sister react anyway? That's a good, and rather scary question. If she's anything like our mother, she'll likely snatch the opportunity to slit my throat wide open. Being all brainwashed and psycho.

If that's the case...

How the hell am I supposed to get through to her?