23 - Fear

Her heart started to beat faster as fear creeped in. She took a deep breath, thinking of what to do. She had to take the kids with her upstairs and lock all doors, but she couldn't scare Jeonsan with the truth of someone potentially trying to break in and hurt them.

She went downstairs quickly to get him.

''Honey, come with me and help me with Areum.'' Lisa said, urging him to leave his cereal.

''But I'm eating, moom..'' he whined but Lisa didn't have time.

''Now, baby.'' She came around him and gently pushed him to walk in front of her while she was frantically looking around. They walked upstairs and Lisa was sure she heard a man's voice, coming from the kitchen. She went inside their bedroom with the kids and locked the door.

''Why did you lock it, mom?'' Jeonsan was confused, seeing Areum already asleep and his mom panicked.

''Be quiet, okay baby?'' she whispered, hands shakily grabbing her phone to call Jungkook. After 4 seconds, he picked up.

''Hi, love, I'm so sorry I'm late.. Such a tiring day-''

''K-kook..'' she whispered and he barely heard her, automatically sensing something is wrong. ''s-someone is here.''

''What do you mean?'' his own mind starting to picture bad things.

''Someone b-broke in, I am so scared..'' she whispered again, tears forming in her eyes as she was sat on the floor.

''WHAT?!'' Jungkook was walking towards his car and after he heard this, he basically sprinted to it. ''Listen to me carefully, stay in our room, baby. Okay?''

''Yes, I did that, the kids a-are here with me..'' Lisa stopped for a while. ''Please hurry..'' she begged and his heart broke. Jungkook was sure he was about to murder whoever was that dared to threaten his family.

''Don't be afraid, I am almost there. Nothing is going to happen to you, do you hear me?'' he sounded to sure of the statement that Lisa let herself believe him. He drove so fast and soon was almost in front of their house.

''Don't hang up, okay?'' Jungkook wanted to hear her voice and to tell her he is there.

''I think.. he is coming upstairs..'' she managed to say and Jungkook was already at their house, running like crazy.

Lisa was still on the floor, in her arms was her baby and next to her was Jeonsan, sitting on the floor like her. Her motherly instincts was to protect her babies no matter what. She then heard a commotion and voices. One of the voices was Jungkook's, so she felt relieved a bit. She let out the breath she was holding in.

Jungkook was letting out his anger at the man, punching and kicking him all over on the staircase.

''HOW DARE YOU THREATEN MY FAMILY?! They are not alone, fucking bastard!'' Jungkook was no match because of his physical training so the man quickly lost consciousness. After calling the police, Jungkook climbed up to their bedroom door.

''Baby..'' he said, letting Lisa know it is safe now. She unlocked the door after putting Areum back in her crib and he wasted no time coming in. He hugged her so tight, burying his face in her nape, breathing in her scent. Lisa was shaking in his arms.

''I was so terrified..'' she whimpered, letting her tears flow.

''Dad, what happened?'' Sannie got embraced by Jungkook and he kissed his head. ''Nothing much, don't worry. Is your sister sleeping, can you check?'' Sannie nodded and went to her crib. Jungkook turned to Lisa, they were still sitting on the floor.