Chapter 32

"What is really going on?" Dahlia asks after Kiaan came home and told them about what he had just heard.

"Ellie? She can see? Actually that's beside the point, she's alive?" Susheel exclaims.

A confused expression is plastered on everyone's faces, and a truckload of questions fill their minds. Questions that they have no answers to.

"Honestly I feel like even if we try, we won't even be able to think of a believable answer to that question uncle Susheel. This is all too peculiar," Ara shakes her head.

Kiaan bites on his lower lip and then suddenly says, "I have an idea."

He then crumples his face, "Well not a fantastic idea, but it might give us some lead in getting to the root of this. We've got to start at why she left. I know all this is unbelievable, but if we start somewhere it might seem easier, I guess."

Sarita shakes her head slowly and urges him to continue.

"Ellie's house. From the time she left, no one has been there, neither did she or Sizwe take anything and go with them. Maybe there's something that can help figure out a reason for her leaving?"

"Didn't Ellie already tell us the reason? This is getting even more complicated as it goes," Dahlia says and sits down to catch her breath.

"Yeah I know she's already told us, but didn't you ever have the thought that the real reason is much more than what she said? I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought that she only made us believe what she told us, and not what's really the truth."

Ara takes hold of Kiaan's hand and squeezes it,"I'll come along. I know this is a strange idea, but it's the only thing we can do if we want to figure anything out. Yeah it sounds unbelievable, but it will either make this situation more complicated, or less. It's worth a try."

"You two can go there, and we'll go to check up on Rich in the hospital," Dahlia suggests and all of them agree.

They don't know why or what they're doing, but it is hopefully going to have a satisfying outcome.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Kiaan and Ara arrive at her house and they stand at the front door. The paint has faded off, the porch was untidy, the plants looked like they wilted ages ago.

It didn't ever occur to them to come and see her house. She did make it clear not to ever put it up for sale, so it just stood there. A house that looks pale, but a home that is filled with memories.

Before he could open the door, Ara took hold of his hand and asked, "What are we really looking for?"

His clueless face met hers, "I don't know, but something is a start."

He kisses her forehead and flashes an assuring smile.

They open the door together, and there is the house just as how they left it a year ago.

He gives Ara directions about where to check, and then they start looking  for anything that might give them a lead.

Kiaan walks down the corridors and the memories come flashing back. Her 18th birthday celebrations, Richard professing his love, everything. Never in his wildest dreams would he have thought that he would be in this position today.

He checks through her room, and her stuff, trying to find something. His hope walks on thin ice. Time passes and after checking everything, he doesn't find anything, and he sits down on the edge of her bed with his head in his hands.