Ch. 26

Draco's POV

I landed in the middle of Blaise and Pansy's living room, running a hand through my hair before calling out, "Oy! Mate, you home?"

There was a distant shuffling noise and then I saw Blaise's head pop out from around the corner up the stairs. He gave me a confused look as he asked, "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"We need to figure out what we're going to wear to the wedding," I explained as I crossed the room towards his liquor cabinet. "Or else your wife will hex us."

I heard him scoff as he slowly came down the stairs. "She always threatens hexing but never actually does it. Don't let her scare you."

"I'm not scared of her so much as I am scared of the influence she has on my future wife," I muttered, grabbing two glasses. "Not to mention when Ginny's added into the mix. The three of them are all smart as hell, and when they get together..."

Blaise seemed to know exactly what I meant as he stopped next to me and took one glass from my hand. "Say no more, mate. I know exactly what you mean."

He took my glass as well, pouring a shot's worth of firewhiskey into each of them before giving my glass back to me. "And what did my dear wife scare you into doing?"

I gratefully accepted the glass as I grimaced. "Granted, should've done it a long time ago but we're supposed to be picking out what style of tux we're going to wear."

We did a silent 'cheers' and threw the glasses back, though I could've sworn I saw him roll his eyes ever so slightly before he took his own shot.

As we both set the glasses down, he reached for a different bottle of whiskey and asked, "How is it that your future wife hasn't gotten onto you for not having this ready yet?"

"To be fair," I started. "She has been preoccupied with her own issues, like getting mauled by a werewolf on the day of the full moon."

Blaise tilted his head back and forth, sighing before answering, "Fair point. But still, it's just a little odd to me that you two haven't really done anything as far as planning, except for that one little get-together the four of us had earlier this year."

"What do you mean?" I asked, giving him a confused look.

After a few moments he reached for the whiskey again, shaking his head. "Nevermind, don't worry about it mate."

He poured us another round of actual drinks this time, avoiding my eyes and trying to change the subject by asking, "So do you have an idea of what sort of tux or suit you'd like me to wear? Or wear yourself for that matter?"

"Well..." I took the glass he offered and we went to go sit down on the couches. "It's going to be black tie thankfully, so I was thinking black suits."

He nodded again, taking a small drink of his whiskey. Then he tilted his head and looked up at me, his brow furrowed. "How many of us are going to be standing up there?"

"What?" I asked.

"How many groomsmen do you have?" He asked then, raising an eyebrow at me.

"Uh...just you?" I said, shrugging my shoulders slightly. "Why?"

"Because Hermione, to my knowledge, has both Ginny and Pansy," He explained slowly. "So if you have just me..."

"It will be unbalanced," I sighed, picking up on what he was referring to now. "I suppose I could have Harry stand up there too."

"Don't sound too excited about that," Blaise laughed as he leaned back into the couch. "And it only makes sense since Ginny will be up with Hermione."