Ch. 24

Hermione's POV

While Draco had originally planned to take me to my next appointment the following Friday, a few shareholders of his company ended up calling a last-minute meeting that he tried and failed to get out of.

"Can't you call Ginny?" He asked as he undid his tie unhappily, adjusting the length of the larger end before retying it.

"She's in Portugal today for a game," I said, shaking my head. "Won't be back until tomorrow morning."

"What about Harry?"

Unable to hold back a smile as I pulled my hair into a ponytail, I replied, "He's off on a mission. Blaise will be in your meeting, Pansy's feeling sick, and Jenn needs to cover for me at work."

He groaned loudly, undoing the tie again and angrily tossing it onto the bed. I watched him quietly as he ran a hand through his hair and paced back and forth, clearly trying to come up with a solution.

"Draco, I can go by myself," I said gently. "And I can text you with updates."

"I really don't want you to go by yourself," He sighed, pausing in the middle of the room and looking over at me. "I know you're healing well and the wounds have scabbed over, but you never know what could happen."

I sighed as well, shaking my head again and going into the closet. "Well it doesn't sound like we have many other options, my love."

I heard him groan in frustration and then sigh. "I know...I'm just worried about you."

"I know," I said with a smile as I grabbed a pair of shoes and went back out into the bedroom. "Everything will be alright though, I promise."

"See, every time you say that though, something happens," He said as he looked into the mirror at me before fixing his tie again. "You have a knack for attracting trouble."

"Well that I can't really argue against." I laughed slightly before standing up and walking up behind him, wrapping my arms around him and laying my head against his back. "I'll be alright though, and I'll let you know when I'm leaving the hospital and when I get back into my office."

He paused then before turning around and wrapping his arms around me, sighing heavily. After a few moments of silence he leaned forward to kiss my forehead and smiled. "I know I'm being a bit overbearing, it's just...so much has happened to you already, I don't want anything else to happen."

"I know," I said quietly, returning his smile. "But what else could honestly happen to me at this point?"

"I'd rather not think about that," He said with a laugh as he pulled me against him.

"Good morning, Hermione!" Lavender greeted warmly as I walked into the room.

I smiled at her and said, "Hey, Lavender; how are you doing?"

"I'm doing pretty well, actually," She said as she gestured towards the bed. "But more importantly, how are you doing?"

"The wounds have fully scabbed over like you said they would." I set my bag down on the edge of the bed and sat down, grimacing slightly.

Let's take a look at them." Lavender went around to the other side of the bed, pulling up the back of my shirt.

I heard her hum slightly as she inspected my wounds and she quietly said to herself, "They seem to be healing nicely; no signs of infection..."

She pulled my shirt back down and went over to the cabinet, searching through it for something. "I'm going to give you another kind of salve to use; the scabs are going to itch and this salve will help ease the itchiness as well as make sure that your skin doesn't pull too badly whenever you stretch."