Ch. 34

Hermione's POV

"Merlin, I feel like it's been forever since I've been able to take you out to dinner!"

Draco smiled at me as we sat down and I laughed as I said, "We've both been busy! And I've been enjoying cooking at home with you."

"I know, but still." He smiled again, reaching across the table to take my hand and squeezing it. "I like being able to take you out every once in a while; plus, it's been a while since I've taken you here."

I smiled in return before looking around Ramsay's. "At least there's no yelling this time."

He laughed at this and said, "Maybe the chef's at another restaurant. I hear he has many restaurants in muggle London as well."

"Yes, he's pretty well known," I nodded. "My parents enjoy watching his shows."

Draco gave me a slightly confused look but shook his head then and looked down at the wine list. "Are you feeling red or white tonight?"

"Surprise me," I smiled.

With another small smile he ordered a bottle that I wasn't familiar with, reaching for it as it appeared suddenly on the table in front of us. As he poured a glass for me, he asked, "How is work going?"

"It's going well!" I answered brightly. "No new cases this month thankfully so I've only needed to check in on my clients."

"That's good!" He handed the glass off to me and poured his own, glancing up at me and asking more hesitantly, "How did your outing with Lavender go, by the way? I know you said that she liked the dress but you didn't tell me much else."

"Oh, it went really well actually," I said before taking a quick drink of the wine. "She actually helped with a decision that neither Pansy nor I had considered."

He gave me a curious look and I laughed slightly as I said, "I'm not sure if I should tell you; it has to do with the finished look."

"I seem to recall the only issue was me seeing you in the dress," He grinned. "Anything else seems like fair game."

I scrunched my nose playfully at him and sighed. "I suppose you're not wrong."

He laughed and asked, "You really don't like saying that I'm right, do you?"

"Well when you're only right because of a technicality, is it really something to be proud of?" I teased, giving him a sly look before taking a drink of my wine.

With a pout he leaned back into his chair and said, "Well fine, don't tell me."

I laughed again, shaking my head and nudging his leg with my foot lovingly. "Lavender asked if I was going to be wearing a veil, and I think I'm going to."

His eyebrows went up in surprise. "You hadn't thought of a veil?"

"Didn't even cross my mind," I admitted. "Pansy said she had some extra material from my dress though so she is going to put one together that will match the dress."

He smiled widely, watching me for a few moments without saying anything. I couldn't help but smile as well as I asked, "What's that look for?"

"Just happy that you're happy," He said, shaking his head slightly. "I can't wait to see you on our wedding day."

I beamed, a warm feeling spreading through my chest as I thought about it as well. But the happiness was dampened ever so slightly by the reminder that I hadn't fully decided on whether or not I'd have my scars covered.